Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revfife

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
In a far country
Why is there all that excess case on the side? The rebound hasn’t been like this previously has it?

EDIT: ah it’s the flap for the pencil, isn’t it? Wish they did a version without
Yes. It’s the flap for the pencil. It magnets to the back or underneath the iPad itself.

or you can cut it off if you are not a pencil user.

i use the pencil so i will keep it.

shadowfrost

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2024
I just got the supcase today and so far I like the protection it gave. It does add some weight but it is not as heavy as I thought it would be. The pen slot is quite secure. I tried to rattle it by turning it upside down and it does not drop at all. There is additional plastic screen protector at the front, but I might remove it later as I already have tempered screen protector on my ipad. For 30$, it is quite a nice case. The sides made from rubber, but the rest of the case made from hard plastic. It came with a kickstand at the back as well
20240608_153628.jpeg
20240608_153616.jpeg

Reactions: Chevyguy2021

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
I'm in Japan and there are pretty much no cases in the shops apart from the Apple ones. Having read here about issues with the magnets with some cases on Amazon, I'm kicking my heels a bit.

I still haven't fully decided on which iPad to get but won't get one until I have a case and screen cover ready. As I'm planning to go up a size to the 13", I'd like to be able to physically hold a potential cover to get an idea of how much weight it would really add. The new Pros are super lightweight, but I'd never use it without a case.

Are there many cases in the shops in other countries? There are usually plenty by now...

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I just got the supcase today and so far I like the protection it gave. It does add some weight but it is not as heavy as I thought it would be. The pen slot is quite secure. I tried to rattle it by turning it upside down and it does not drop at all. There is additional plastic screen protector at the front, but I might remove it later as I already have tempered screen protector on my ipad. For 30$, it is quite a nice case. The sides made from rubber, but the rest of the case made from hard plastic. It came with a kickstand at the back as well View attachment 2386394 View attachment 2386395
What are those buttons by the Apple Pencil?

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I just got the supcase today and so far I like the protection it gave. It does add some weight but it is not as heavy as I thought it would be. The pen slot is quite secure. I tried to rattle it by turning it upside down and it does not drop at all. There is additional plastic screen protector at the front, but I might remove it later as I already have tempered screen protector on my ipad. For 30$, it is quite a nice case. The sides made from rubber, but the rest of the case made from hard plastic. It came with a kickstand at the back as well View attachment 2386394 View attachment 2386395
I had a supcase on my 2018 pro and my air 2 back in the day. Great case, great protection. This time just like on my M1 IPP I’m using a thin clear tpu case. I only use it on the couch and in bed, and on planes. Nothing serious

Reactions: shadowfrost

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Anyone find an 11” Pro case that provides protection of the back and sides, has a hand loop on the back for carrying and using in the field, and isn’t terribly difficult to install and remove semi-frequently? So far not having any luck. For my 2018 Pro I used one from New Trent purchased on Amazon that was perfect for this, but they don’t seem to be releasing newer model cases anymore.

Reactions: madmads

gkingha

macrumors member
May 2, 2016
Canada
Received my Pitaka MgEZ folio case and love it. The magnets work properly and put my Ipad Pro M4 11” to sleep when the cover is closed.

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: dmccombs and asleep

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Anyone find an 11” Pro case that provides protection of the back and sides, has a hand loop on the back for carrying and using in the field, and isn’t terribly difficult to install and remove semi-frequently? So far not having any luck. For my 2018 Pro I used one from New Trent purchased on Amazon that was perfect for this, but they don’t seem to be releasing newer model cases anymore.
UAG for preorder: https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/prod...ith-hand-strap-ipad-pro-11-5th-gen-2024-case/

Armor-X: https://armor-x.com/collections/ipa...-military-grade-rugged-cases-mountable-covers

Not sure if any of these will fit the bill, but here’s an Amazon search for them:

Reactions: redman042

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
UAG for preorder: https://www.urbanarmorgear.com/prod...ith-hand-strap-ipad-pro-11-5th-gen-2024-case/

Armor-X: https://armor-x.com/collections/ipa...-military-grade-rugged-cases-mountable-covers

Not sure if any of these will fit the bill, but here’s an Amazon search for them:

Thank you for the links. I’ve been looking at some of these, my only concern being that the rigid back will not be easy to install and remove on a regular basis. The UAG is the most promising. If anyone has experience with this case on older models, would love to get some feedback on ease of installation and removal.

Reactions: asleep

blacksurf

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
UK
Anyone had their case yet from Burton Goods (aka Pad and Quill) - they should be shipping this week I believe, usually the quality is great so be interested to see some photos once they start arriving?

• Love

blacksurf

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
UK
Exciting times - just had confirmation of shipping from Burton Goods - now being in the UK that might still mean sometime to wait but heh ho.... pictures will be posted when it arrives mind you, unless someone beats me to it :cool:

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
Exciting times - just had confirmation of shipping from Burton Goods - now being in the UK that might still mean sometime to wait but heh ho.... pictures will be posted when it arrives mind you, unless someone beats me to it :cool:
Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Monday! I’ll post pictures once I get it in my hands.

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
The Burton Goods case came in. Mine is for the 11�� iPad. It feels very high quality, both the leather and the microfiber lining. It obviously adds quite a bit of thickness to the whole package, but it’s lighter than I thought it would be (my scale shows 11.7 oz / 331 g). I have both the black and the white Magic Keyboard, so there are pictures with both. It adds a slight bit of stability to the magic keyboard on the lap, but barely. The camera cutout alignment is a bit off, but I think it’s because of the inner portion where the Magic Keyboard slots has a bit of play. In any case, the camera is not obstructed at all in the case (and the pictures make it look worse than it actually is). Also, one thing I noticed was that the case makes opening the Magic Keyboard with one hand possible!

Overall I think it’s a great product. Not sure if I’ll end up keeping it, but for those looking for a Magic Keyboard case, this is very high quality!

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpeg
    IMG_2328.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2330.jpeg
    IMG_2330.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: blacksurf

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
The Burton Goods case came in. Mine is for the 11” iPad. It feels very high quality, both the leather and the microfiber lining. It obviously adds quite a bit of thickness to the whole package, but it’s lighter than I thought it would be (my scale shows 11.7 oz / 331 g). I have both the black and the white Magic Keyboard, so there are pictures with both. It adds a slight bit of stability to the magic keyboard on the lap, but barely. The camera cutout alignment is a bit off, but I think it’s because of the inner portion where the Magic Keyboard slots has a bit of play. In any case, the camera is not obstructed at all in the case (and the pictures make it look worse than it actually is). Also, one thing I noticed was that the case makes opening the Magic Keyboard with one hand possible!

Overall I think it’s a great product. Not sure if I’ll end up keeping it, but for those looking for a Magic Keyboard case, this is very high quality!

The Burton Goods case came in. Mine is for the 11” iPad. It feels very high quality, both the leather and the microfiber lining. It obviously adds quite a bit of thickness to the whole package, but it’s lighter than I thought it would be (my scale shows 11.7 oz / 331 g). I have both the black and the white Magic Keyboard, so there are pictures with both. It adds a slight bit of stability to the magic keyboard on the lap, but barely. The camera cutout alignment is a bit off, but I think it’s because of the inner portion where the Magic Keyboard slots has a bit of play. In any case, the camera is not obstructed at all in the case (and the pictures make it look worse than it actually is). Also, one thing I noticed was that the case makes opening the Magic Keyboard with one hand possible!

Looks very, very nice!!! Thanks for the pictures!

Reactions: blacksurf

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I placed an order for a Woolnut sleeve last week.

Reactions: marketingbawse

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I placed an order for a Woolnut sleeve last week.

I’m eyeing the 13” leather folio as well. I’ve always been very satisfied with Woolnut products, but the late July shipping for the 13” leather folio is a bit of a bummer

Reactions: marketingbawse

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015

Got my 13 case today. I agree with everything you said, the camera cutout can be aligned if you just wiggle the MKB up a little further into the pouch area, however, it will gradually shift down just a little. As you said, this does not interfere with the camera at all. It does really feel as if the entire ipad and MKB are fully protected with this case on. Keeping in mind that I have the 13 version, the combo is very heavy. Some may find this unacceptable. But it does solve several possible issues - adds stability for those who experience wobbling, I never have, protects the exterior of the MKB from any scuffing or abrading from rough surfaces, and adds sides and top protection in case of a drop. But it is very heavy and may not be appropriate for some. The camera cutout is pictured below, and again it can be wiggled up so that it’s perfectly aligned but will shift down to what is shown in the image.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25

GregJohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2015
Saskatoon, SK
The Moko TPU clear back arrived for my iPP 11. It’s somewhat as expected, the main issue being the ‘raised’ rim edges around the back are not raised so the camera bump is highest point on back. But it’s not a huge issue because the bump is quite low. No noticeable rock on a coffee table.

The raised rim around the front is raised and protects the screen pretty well if dropped screen down. Unlike hard shell backs, this one will not slip off a table. It’s just tacky enough to hang on.

There is a bit of edge droop on the top side where the horizontal Face ID camera is, which is caused by hollowing out the top edge a bit to make a groove for the pencil. It’s not terrible, but I wanted to note it.

The cutouts for the speakers and microphones are as close to dead on as you’ll see, and the cutout for the USB C charging cable is excellent and roomy for those cheap, fat-tipped cable ends some people buy.

There are ESR and JETech and MATEXKY hard back/soft edge clear back cases on Amazon.
Does this case work with the Magic Keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.