Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Does this case work with the Magic Keyboard?
I don’t know, I don’t have a magic keyboard.

I’d think you’d need a really thin back to hold magnetically and this is TPU that’s thicker and protects from drops.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Gone a bit mad this year;

iPad Pro 13 Celluar 256GB Black
Torro Magnetic Leather case in blue
Otterbox Symmetry Folio Series in Grey and one in purple (cheap eBay deals)
Logitech Combo touch
Apple Magic Keyboard in black
Woolnut leather zipped folio

iPad Pro 11 256GB Black
Apple denim smart folio
TORRO Magnetic Leather case in black
Otterbox Symmetry Folio Series in Grey
Logitech Combo Touch
Apple Magic Keyboard in white (discounted due to damaged box)
Woolnut leather sleeve

• Love
Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Gone a bit mad this year;

iPad Pro 13 Celluar 256GB Black
Torro Magnetic Leather case in blue
Otterbox Symmetry Folio Series in Grey and one in purple (cheap eBay deals)
Logitech Combo touch
Apple Magic Keyboard in black
Woolnut leather zipped folio

iPad Pro 11 256GB Black
Apple denim smart folio
TORRO Magnetic Leather case in black
Otterbox Symmetry Folio Series in Grey
Logitech Combo Touch
Apple Magic Keyboard in white (discounted due to damaged box)
Woolnut leather sleeve
How do you like the Torro? Does it add a lot of size and weigh to the iPad 13”?

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
How do you like the Torro? Does it add a lot of size and weigh to the iPad 13”? it, ive bought it for every iPad. I like it that much I even pestered them via email when I got my 13 to see if they were releasing one for it. No its not heavy at all.
No it doesn’t add any weight imo, I really like it - I’ve bought it probably about 8 times now in different colours and for different iPads, feels very premium. When I got my 13 I even emailed them asking if they were making one for it - originally they said no although I saw it on the site a week or so later.

Reactions: jazz1

AStaleyUK

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
I ordered the Otterbox Symmetry Folio case for my new IPP 11” M4, but can’t say I’m impressed, quality is okay but it feels quite bulky and heavy compared to what I’m used to. Otterbox Symmetry Folio

So after reading some posts in this thread I’ve decided to order the MagEZ Folio 2, at first I was a little weary as it doesn’t offer any side protection, so on reflection I’ve also ordered a Moko sleeve for it as well.

Reactions: DaPhox

DaPhox

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2019
I ordered the Otterbox Symmetry Folio case for my new IPP 11” M4, but can’t say I’m impressed, quality is okay but it feels quite bulky and heavy compared to what I’m used to. Otterbox Symmetry Folio

So after reading some posts in this thread I’ve decided to order the MagEZ Folio 2, at first I was a little weary as it doesn’t offer any side protection, so on reflection I’ve also ordered a Moko sleeve for it as well.
Is the kickstand stable/firm?

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
Is the kickstand stable/firm?
If you’re asking about the Pitaka case, I can attest that the folding mechanism is very sturdy, at least it was for the previous gens. I imagine it’s pretty much the same for the M4. Can’t speak to the same for the Otterbox unfortunately.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I have the M4 13-inch iPad Pro with the magic keyboard. I just wanted recommendations on a good quality case to use when I don't want to use the magic keyboard and want to use the iPad as a tablet, especially for writing notes.

I have heard some people recommend the Apple folio, but I have also heard people say that it is overpriced and the case also does not cover the sides of the iPad.

Reactions: jr5x

Greggio

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Tāmaki Makaurau, Aoteroa
I have the M4 13-inch iPad Pro with the magic keyboard. I just wanted recommendations on a good quality case to use when I don't want to use the magic keyboard and want to use the iPad as a tablet, especially for writing notes.

I have heard some people recommend the Apple folio, but I have also heard people say that it is overpriced and the case also does not cover the sides of the iPad.
I'm considering the MagEZ Case 2 from Pitaka, along with the Pitaka MagEZ Folio 2 (https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magez-case-2-for-ipad). This case is apparently compatible with the Magic Keyboard, so you can have some protection for the back and edges of the iPad when you lift it out of the Magic Keyboard.

I figure having the MagEZ Folio 2 gives me the option to throw it in that, too, when I want to put it in a bag or carry it without the keyboard.

Anyone had any experience with the MagEZ Case 2 for prior generations of the iPad Pro?

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I'm considering the MagEZ Case 2 from Pitaka, along with the Pitaka MagEZ Folio 2 (https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magez-case-2-for-ipad). This case is apparently compatible with the Magic Keyboard, so you can have some protection for the back and edges of the iPad when you lift it out of the Magic Keyboard.

I figure having the MagEZ Folio 2 gives me the option to throw it in that, too, when I want to put it in a bag or carry it without the keyboard.

Anyone had any experience with the MagEZ Case 2 for prior generations of the iPad Pro?
What I don't like about the Pitaka MagEZ is that you can only have the iPad flat, it doesn't have a stand for different viewing angles.

AStaleyUK

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Received my Pitaka MagEz Folio case, fits the 11” perfectly and is really well made and light weight, the only downside for me is that the edges of the case are really sharp when holding it, I’m hoping overtime they might break in a little.

On another related note, can anyone recommend a good quality sleeve for the iPad, I brought a Moko sleeve which is nice but a little to loose for my liking, I’d like something a little tighter.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Contacted Andar to ask if they were going to release The Mav for the new iPad M4 and customer service rep said, and I quote,

"Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in our Mav case! We do not currently have any plans to release a case for the new iPad that just dropped, we apologize for any inconvenience."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.