Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazy_desi_

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2020
AliExpress came in clutch with this case ordered it a few days ago and it arrived today.

It's a magnetic smart folio case feels just like the official Apple case and it's also the same exact one of some of the bigger manufacturers like Benks and I believe Pitaka

Paid $16 for it
2d8270b51bda95fee3503d6e81616f13.jpg
81188e2230520277d4d75d07a000205f.jpg
a285b79faf670c1f230bfe482dfd2b88.jpg
37085d4f6a563b5ea288cb306a5c81b4.jpg
how is it ? all working as described?

shadowfrost

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2024
I saw spigen start selling the case for the m4, as well as supcase. I ordered supcase one personally few days ago, from amazon, and it is arriving on Saturday. (I dont have prime member)

Last edited:

shadowfrost

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2024
I saw spigen start selling the case for the m4, as well as supcase. I ordered supcase one personally few days ago, from amazon, and it is arriving on Saturday. (I dont have prime member)

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I've used pretty much all the best, Smart Keyboard, Smart Folio and Logitech Combo touch and have settled for the Logi Combo Touch. It's surprisingly light, especially when the keyboard isn't attached, has an amazing stand and the flexibility to use the keyboard is awesome.

Reactions: sportdan31

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
Unfortunately the Combo Touch case one of the sides of the case is exposed. Rendering it no good for my use case. If it covered the exposed side I would have considered it.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Unfortunately the Combo Touch case one of the sides of the case is exposed. Rendering it no good for my use case. If it covered the exposed side I would have considered it.
What's your use case? No Apple Pencil?

All corners are covered, the likelihood of dinging that area is very small. Beats the Magic Keyboard that has almost no coverage :)

If you need a keyboard case you're not going to find one better imo

Reactions: sportdan31

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016

All corners are covered, the likelihood of dinging that area is very small. Beats the Magic Keyboard that has almost no coverage :)

Also, I like that you can reverse the keyboard and fold it into the back to keep the screen open and the keyboard attached while folded.

Pretty slick kit.

Reactions: techno-Zen

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK

Yeah no pencil, dont have a use for them at all. Yeah the Magic Keyboard is no good either prolly worse than the Combo Touch.

Actually i have the ESR Ascend one and that has a separate case that is slim and offer all round protection. However it is about 200g heavier than the ipad and magic keyboard combo. However for £55 its hard to beat.

Reactions: techno-Zen

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
Got delivered the 10.5" Apple Leather Sleeve. Fits the 11 M4 with the ESR case you get with the keyboard without issue at all. Might need to get an Apple Pencil to complete the look lol.

IMG_0217.jpeg
IMG_0216.jpeg

Reactions: Erik007 and Oreon

themaestro

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
If I buy this new 13 pro I think I just want an envelope type case to protect it. Any ideas for this style? Thanks

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
AliExpress came in clutch with this case ordered it a few days ago and it arrived today.

It's a magnetic smart folio case feels just like the official Apple case and it's also the same exact one of some of the bigger manufacturers like Benks and I believe Pitaka

Paid $16 for it
2d8270b51bda95fee3503d6e81616f13.jpg
81188e2230520277d4d75d07a000205f.jpg
a285b79faf670c1f230bfe482dfd2b88.jpg
37085d4f6a563b5ea288cb306a5c81b4.jpg
Interesting. Does it have a way to fold the pencil flap away or hide it if you don’t need to use it? Like the pitaka does?

shook187

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Interesting. Does it have a way to fold the pencil flap away or hide it if you don’t need to use it? Like the pitaka does?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about as I don't use a pencil... Here is the benks version of the cheaper AliExpress which illustrates a pencil use

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry

I'm not really sure what you're talking about as I don't use a pencil... Here is the benks version of the cheaper AliExpress which illustrates a pencil use
Yeah, I don’t have/use a pencil either. so I find these flaps/clasps unnecessary.

the pitaka version of this case says “The magnetic strap keeps your Apple Pencil firmly in place. Fold and hide it to keep the case sleek and clean if you don't use the Apple Pencil.”

1717591957385.jpeg

I was just asking whether the one you got has any similar option to hide the flap away inside the case?

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Yeah, I don’t have/use a pencil either. so I find these flaps/clasps unnecessary.

the pitaka version of this case says “The magnetic strap keeps your Apple Pencil firmly in place. Fold and hide it to keep the case sleek and clean if you don't use the Apple Pencil.”

View attachment 2385337
I was just asking whether the one you got has any similar option to hide the flap away inside the case?
My ESR case i got on amazon has that feature as well. I got it specifically to keep the pencil from falling off when it’s attached. Love that it can fold away, both in the front and back, when not in use.

ESR for iPad Pro 13 Inch Case M4(2024), Powerful Magnetic Attachment, Slim Trifold Stand Case, Supports Pencil Pro and Pencil(USB-C), Auto Wake/Sleep, Durable Protection, Rebound Series, Black https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Powerful-Magnetic-Attachment-Protection/dp/B0CRHKJYVX

SwingOnThis

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2008
KingBlanc cases now available for the new Ipad Pros., hadn't seen them mentioned previously. I have one for my Mini 6 and i love it. Great spot for the pencil to store away and charge, also love the magnetic closure.

shook187

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014

View attachment 2385337
You Can Hide a flap and it's still held in magnetically... I didn't know about this thanks for clarifying
e0a6f18cda0a7b9c97c1cd36ea4f0109.jpg

revfife

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
In a far country
Heads up.

The ESR Rebound Case for the 2024 iPad Pro M4 11 absolutely works. I was worried when others were saying it didn’t wake or sleep, but happy to report that is not the case. ;)

I have it on my iPad Pro now and will be my primary case until maybe ZUGU.

The screen turns off and turns on as you open and close.

ESR Rebound Case

IMG_8707.jpeg

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
Doesnt work for me. Already contacted ESR and they have refunded me the cost of the case and let me keep it as well. I have tried multiple times, reseating the iPad etc etc , check settings. But it still doesn’t turn off the iPad when close nor turn on when opening.

Reactions: asleep

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
Heads up.

The ESR Rebound Case for the 2024 iPad Pro M4 11 absolutely works. I was worried when others were saying it didn’t wake or sleep, but happy to report that is not the case. ;)

I have it on my iPad Pro now and will be my primary case until maybe ZUGU.

The screen turns off and turns on as you open and close.

ESR Rebound Case

View attachment 2385480
Why is there all that excess case on the side? The rebound hasn’t been like this previously has it?

EDIT: ah it’s the flap for the pencil, isn’t it? Wish they did a version without

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.