Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
Was told by an employee that the pickup includes a fitting with demo units - so unboxing you can do at home, and light seals in the pickup can be swapped out if sizing turns out to be different than your order.
You will have to open the box in store to swap the light seals (they are in a lower section of the box under the headset) - Unless you want to unbox at home, then go back to the store

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
When collecting the VP from the Apple Store, does anyone know if a fitting is part of the collection process, or do they just give you the sealed box with the pad size suggested by the head scan.

In my case I was initially given a demo. They have a process - reading your glasses, getting the right seal - so they use the demo units. Sanitized fittings with removable tape. When completed was given my unopened purchase kit.

I received a DHL shipping notice today and it is on the move from China

Interesting. Wonder if this implies that there is very little unsold inventory?

Was told by an employee that the pickup includes a fitting with demo units - so unboxing you can do at home, and light seals in the pickup can be swapped out if sizing turns out to be different than your order.

yes.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
In my case I was initially given a demo. They have a process - reading your glasses, getting the right seal - so they use the demo units. Sanitized fittings with removable tape. When completed was given my unopened purchase kit.

Interesting. Wonder if this implies that there is very little unsold inventory?

yes.
Have you had your text? Haven’t had mine but down for a 12th July delivery

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
For those with DHL notifications, how are yours moving? Mine arrived at an East China sort centre on Thursday. But it only went to processed early Saturday morning. Next will be it departing the sort centre, probably to HK which can take another couple of days when it is really busy. It's moving pretty slowly really. Money has definitely been taken.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
For those with DHL notifications, how are yours moving? Mine arrived at an East China sort centre on Thursday. But it only went to processed early Saturday morning. Next will be it departing the sort centre, probably to HK which can take another couple of days when it is really busy. It's moving pretty slowly really. Money has definitely been taken.
Not had my text yet. Should I be contacting Apple? Worst case scenario I guess I order another one, I just don’t want to get to the 12th and it not turn up!

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Not had my text yet. Should I be contacting Apple? Worst case scenario I guess I order another one, I just don’t want to get to the 12th and it not turn up!
No. Not everyone's may be coming from China! At the speed my package is moving, I wonder if it will even come on time. I know a drop ship from China is common for US orders but I have never had this in the UK. It still doesn't show as despatched on Apple's website. This may mean that although the order can be tracked with DHL , it is actually part of a larger bulk shipment and Apple will only show it as despatched once in the UK. I would not worry ....yet! :)

Reactions: shenfrey

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Any update?
Nope still not shipped... I'm still waiting on Zeiss to review my prescription after some back and forth, really hope the delay in getting the prescription sorted won't hold up the VP from shipping. I wonder if they've got some stock located nearer to the UK and mine will end up shipping overnight from Europe on Thursday?

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Nope still not shipped... I'm still waiting on Zeiss to review my prescription after some back and forth, really hope the delay in getting the prescription sorted won't hold up the VP from shipping. I wonder if they've got some stock located nearer to the UK and mine will end up shipping overnight from Europe on Thursday?
I am wondering the same. I haven't ordered the prescription but still on preparing to ship with no notification. Still says delivery by 12th July so I just need to wait and see.

ukp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2007
For those with no DHL notification, if you install the DHL Express app with the same phone number and email as your apple order, it should auto appear in the app tracking.

Mine departed from Hong Kong last night. I assume on a flight to the UK/Europe.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
For those with no DHL notification, if you install the DHL Express app with the same phone number and email as your apple order, it should auto appear in the app tracking.

Mine departed from Hong Kong last night. I assume on a flight to the UK/Europe.
Ah amazing, thank you.

Mine is also in transit having just departed from Hong Kong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.