Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaholic868

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2017
Almost time... good luck everyone, really hope we can all get day 1 deliveries. I'm planning on getting it delivered and then taking a trip to the Apple Store a few days in to try out different sizing options incase the scanned sizing isn't perfect :)

I can tell you from buying mine that the light seal the Apple Store app selected for me when it scanned my face without the prescription lense option was the best size for me even after I got the optical lenses. I figured for the 14 day return window I’d roll with contacts and spend the money on the optical lenses later if I kept it. Which I did and when I used the app to scan for those it suggested a different sized light seal. After using them both the original light seal size worked the best so I sent the other light seal back. So I’d definitely visit the Apple Store to check out the different sizing options if I were you. It can make a huge difference.

suyashsrij28

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2019
London, England
I ordered mine today and sent my John Lewis Opticians prescription (it’s like a pamphlet) but Zeiss rejected it:

IMG_0085.jpeg

Guess they need a prescription on an official letterhead from John Lewis Opticians. I am going for an eye test tomorrow so I will ask for it.

Reactions: fatTribble

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I ordered mine today and sent my John Lewis Opticians prescription (it’s like a pamphlet) but Zeiss rejected it:

View attachment 2392851

Guess they need a prescription on an official letterhead from John Lewis Opticians. I am going for an eye test tomorrow so I will ask for it.
I don’t understand why Zeiss lenses are required….?
When I used my Rift DK2 and my Gear VR everything was crystal clear (as lenses are right in front of your eyes).
I am short sighted, i.e. for driving…..

Is it more for the AR function so you can focus on the real world?

mossj01

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
Has anyone else tried to create a wallet pass for their pick up order but just get an error?

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I don’t understand why Zeiss lenses are required….?
When I used my Rift DK2 and my Gear VR everything was crystal clear (as lenses are right in front of your eyes).
I am short sighted, i.e. for driving…..

Is it more for the AR function so you can focus on the real world?
So I’m just one data point but I can share what I experienced. My vision is good but I need glasses to drive. I used Vision Pro for a few days before my lenses arrived. I got headaches and dizzy easily. It was so much better with the lenses! I did have to learn not to jerk my head in all directions like a fascinated 4 year old. That would make anyone dizzy. Slow head movements help avoid dizziness.

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
I noticed mine has moved to “preparing for dispatch” already. Is it going to sit like that for days? It means my card has been charged now rather than just an auth.

zlinuk

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
UK
I noticed mine has moved to “preparing for dispatch” already. Is it going to sit like that for days? It means my card has been charged now rather than just an auth.
Same here, prescription lenses verified and AVP preparing to ship. Still only pre-auth on my card though.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Mine also delivery, preparing to ship…

Does anyone know if the lenses come in a separate package? I still need to get a new prescription sorted this week so was surprised to see it saying preparing to ship given I’ve not inputted the prescription yet…

DavidWildJnr

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Mine also delivery, preparing to ship…

Does anyone know if the lenses come in a separate package? I still need to get a new prescription sorted this week so was surprised to see it saying preparing to ship given I’ve not inputted the prescription yet…

The lenses were separately sent in the US deliveries and are delivery rather than pickup for those with shop pickups. So I would say yes.

WunDaii

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Does anybody know if I can swap the light seal size for my delivery order in an Apple Store? Or if it would have to be a whole return and re-buy process?

I’ve read that the sizes on the Apple Store App aren’t always accurate.

kmores

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Does anybody know if I can swap the light seal size for my delivery order in an Apple Store? Or if it would have to be a whole return and re-buy process?

I’ve read that the sizes on the Apple Store App aren’t always accurate.
When I got mine, I went back twice to try new seals and they couldn't have been better about it.

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
The lenses were separately sent in the US deliveries and are delivery rather than pickup for those with shop pickups. So I would say yes.
Although Im a Brit, I had lenses shipped to me in The USA - They came direct from China with UPS. Took about 5 days shipping.

DavidWildJnr

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Morning, Has anyone had order movement on lenses yet? I am at the 'Prescription Verified' stage with an email saying they were being made. I have a delivery window of 10th to 12th but I have a pickup on the 12th so fingers crossed for the 5 day delivery, the US got.

mossj01

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
Morning, Has anyone had order movement on lenses yet? I am at the 'Prescription Verified' stage with an email saying they were being made. I have a delivery window of 10th to 12th but I have a pickup on the 12th so fingers crossed for the 5 day delivery, the US got.
No movement on the lenses for me either since the prescription was verified.

Reactions: DavidWildJnr

RobS-UK

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Bristol, UK
Oddly, I just received a duplicate 'being made' email.
Joining this thread here and have also had the duplicate email this morning.

The ordering of these lenses doesn’t quite yet seem to be the clearest of processes - I’m picking my device up on the 12th which was the recommended way in the Apple Store app, but the lenses get sent directly to you so actually unless you have them to take to the store then it would seem they are just guessing on the fit anyway!

Reactions: DavidWildJnr

DavidWildJnr

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Joining this thread here and have also had the duplicate email this morning.

The ordering of these lenses doesn’t quite yet seem to be the clearest of processes - I’m picking my device up on the 12th which was the recommended way in the Apple Store app, but the lenses get sent directly to you so actually unless you have them to take to the store then it would seem they are just guessing on the fit anyway!
Looking at the US threads and Reddit, It seems like the lenses were sent out within a week.

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Finally got my new prescription sorted today in preparation for next Friday! Have just submitted to Zeiss, hopefully they approve it quickly and can get everything sorted in time for when the headset arrives.

Anyone else feel like the next 10 days are going to go very slowly...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.