Google Workspace (GCPW)

Hi all,

I would like to seek your help about Google Credential Provider for Windows (GCPW), if users are set to a standard user having no administrator rights to their machine, can policies be created to allow software installation?

Best Regards,

Ricky

Solved Solved
0 4 2,057
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rickyho282828 If you have an active directory then the data on Accounts with local administrative access  can be entered in this format:

• Active Directory users: YourDomain\user
  • Active Directory groups: YourDomain\group

If you have only a local profile or want to use a Local profile then,use this format:

• Local users: username

In the sample screenshot given i am having only a local admin named "Admin" so i am specifying it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ajojose33333344 , Thank you for your input.

meaning that, does it need to change from standard user to admin credential as shown in this screenshot? 

rickyho282828_0-1681380934372.png

Best Regards,

Ricky Ho

@rickyho282828  sorry, you need to specify the admin profile details after enabling the standard option.

In my case, the administrative privilege is not configured. the value is given as not configured, so I am able to login with GCPW and at the same time the local admin is working.

@rickyho282828  so now if you are planning to use the standard option configured then you should mention the local admin account also.

For example, you have a local admin named Admin in every system which you use as the standard admin account, so when you configure this standard option on the Accounts with local administrative access column you should mention that.

Like this:

ajojose33333344_0-1681383512409.png

@rickyho282828 If you have an active directory then the data on Accounts with local administrative access  can be entered in this format:

• Active Directory users: YourDomain\user
  • Active Directory groups: YourDomain\group

If you have only a local profile or want to use a Local profile then,use this format:

• Local users: username

In the sample screenshot given i am having only a local admin named "Admin" so i am specifying it.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors