Original topic:

1st Beta Software Update (Jun 12th)

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Beta_Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tips

Welcome to the One UI 6 Watch Beta Program, your chance to get a sneak peek at the latest version of One UI for your Galaxy Watch. One UI 6 Watch brings you exciting new health features powered by Galaxy AI as well as a variety of other enhancements. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions during the beta program. With your help, we can make One UI even better!

One UI 6 Watch Upgrade

Unlock a healthier you with Galaxy AI

Monitor your energy levels
Samsung Health's new energy score shows your physical and mental readiness based on you sleep and physical activity. If your energy score is low, it may be best to take a rest. If your energy score is high, it could be time set a personal best in your favorite exercise. Galaxy AI provides personalized insights and motivation to keep you on the right track.

Get more detailed sleep analysis
Galaxy AI-powered sleep insights give you more detailed and accurate analysis of your sleep quality. Your comprehensive sleep report now includes your heart rate, respiratory rate, and the amount of time it takes you to fall asleep after you lie down.

Make your own workout routines
Combine a series of different exercises together for a custom workout routine. You can set targets for sets, reps, and more.

Control your watch like a pro

Do more with double pinch
Take quick action in a variety of situations by pinching your thumb and index finger together twice. You can answer calls, turn off alarms, scroll through notifications, control music, take pictures, and more. A finger icon will appear on buttons that can be controlled with a double pinch.

Faster horizontal scrolling
Flick the screen left or right or to quickly scroll through notifications or tiles.

View ongoing activities all at once
Tap the bottom of your watch face to view a list of ongoing activities such as phone calls, exercises, or music playing. Tap an item in the list to easily switch between them.

Take action quickly with Universal gestures
In situations where a quick action is needed, such as answering a phone call or turning off an alarm, the button for the action will be automatically focused so you can do the action immediately without the need to manually change focus.

Go back without touching the screen
Move your wrist back and forth to go back to the previous screen. You can control this in Universal gestures.

Get only the notifications you want
Choose which apps are allowed to send you notifications directly on your watch without opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

Control your watch with modes
Modes can now automatically control more of your watch's settings based on what you’re doing or where you are. Modes can control Do not disturb, Always On Display, Raise wrist to wake, Touch screen to wake, Touch bezel to wake, Sound mode, and Disconnection alerts.

Stay in touch from your wrist

Instantly access your favorite emojis
You can set the emojis you use most as favorites so they're always available to send as a quick response.

Save image attachments
You can now save images attached to messages on your watch. Saved images can be viewed in the Gallery app, shared with others, or used to create a unique photo watch face.

Even more improvements

Stylish new font
One UI 6 Watch has a new default font with a more stylish and modern feel. You’ll see the new font if the default font is selected in Settings. If you’re using a different font, you’ll still see that font after upgrading to One UI 6 Watch.

Make your battery last longer
When Power saving is turned on, you can also choose to limit health features to make your battery last even longer than before.

Automatically connect to Bluetooth audio devices
When you start playing music on your watch, your Bluetooth headphones or speaker will automatically connect for playback. If no Bluetooth audio devices are available to connect, music will play through your watch’s speaker if your music app supports it.

Some apps will need to be updated separately after your watch is upgraded. Please refer to the One UI Watch Beta recruitement notice.

Thank you.

14 Replies
Options
Tips

Do you think LTE would ever be able to join?

Members_bgBtlj8
Constellation
Options
Tips

How do I actually install UI 6.1.  I keep going around in circles

userFgEmqp4Rbu
Asteroid
Options
Tips

Yes same result for me, I've joined the beta program, recieved the welcome message, however when I am guided to the links to download the software, I am receiving an error message saying the program has expired and to wait until the software is available in the Galaxy store, presumably when the beta testing is completed, hoping this is just a delay between signing up and then being able to download the three betas, 🙄🙂

userFgEmqp4Rbu
Asteroid
Options
Tips

Oh nevermind going into the typical download software option in your Wear app as described in the FAQ's provided resolved the issue beta downloading now! Lol user error... "Is your watch turned on?" 

0 Likes
rubiokarim
Constellation
Options
Tips

Come on guys, we're in 2024, release betas globally!!! 

Like if you want it too!!

mainevent
Asteroid
Options
Tips

This is crazy

0 Likes
Options
Tips

When it's the LTE model's turn, can the Verizon variant join? 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @MatthewReiter,

BT models will only participate at this time, yet discussions for carrier variants (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T...) are still ongoing. 

Thanks again for your interest in Watch Beta. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team.

Options
Tips

I hope the Verizon model will join, do you think it'll be able? Also, a friend of mine has a Watch 4 and apparently got the same banner, got no errors if tapped participate, is Watch 5 and 4 models able to join today as well?