JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN55Q65FNF scrambling over the air channels

(Topic created: Wednesday)
usere5aP7lpMkG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When selecting an over the air channel, up until recently, all I had to do was to press the channel bar and navigate using the direction circle key. All good.

Recently when changing the channel this way the number increments up or down but the actual channel doesn't change. I tried rescanning the channels - no good, then unplugging the TV for five minutes - no good. What seems to work is to hold the power button until it forces a complete restart, then all is good - for a while. Within an hour the channel selection reverts back to the incorrect channel staying on screen (as above).

Not sure where to go from here, I realize this TV is five years old, but I would be very disappointed if I had to replace it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I don't have a specific fix I can tell you but if this was happening to me and I tried what you did, I would perform a reset of the remote.  Look for instructions for your particular remote on the Samsung site but I think holding Return and Enter for 10 seconds will do it. 

If the above doesn't work I would Factory Reset the TV and don't restore any backup initially and see if it works. 

And lastly, I would go on Amazon or even Wal-Mart and buy a under $10 universal remote that states it is for Samsung and try that. 

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Newest-Universal-Control-Samsung-Compatible/dp/B08CZ1FYBD/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?cri...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
usere5aP7lpMkG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Bill,

Thanks for the info. OK, I did the following:

1) Reset remote - same, changed batteries - same.

2) Unplugged TV - same.

3) Did factory reset of TV - same.

Will be ordering a replacement remote, will let you know how that goes.

Stay tuned...

0 Likes
usere5aP7lpMkG
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I received the replacement remote (simple one from Amazon, worked right out of the box). Started out great, able to move about the channel line up no problem.

Then things went south. Started having the same problems, OTA channels sticking and making me do a force restart by holding down the On/Off button until Samsung reboots. Then all OK.

With all this in mind, I am assuming this is a Samsung TV problem. Something going wrong with one of the circuit boards. I have no idea where to go from here. Do I try to connect with Samsung directly? Look for a local repair person to look this over? Or...

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

If the TV is under warranty then I would start a warranty claim with Samsung.  If not, if you still call Samsung they can point you to authorized repair centers. 

It could be that you need a reflash of the firmware (not the same as a Factory Reset) and a Samsung repair center could accomplish that. 

Another thought before you resort to repair is to remove any apps that you've installed and see if it's possible that one of those apps are the problem. 

Good Luck! 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes