Original topic:

incompatible apps

(Topic created: Friday)
Abe14000
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Is it true that some Samsung TVs do not fully support the MLB app, and the Pluto TV app? 

I have model  UN50CU8000BXZA

MLB has told me this model is not on their list of supported devices. I wish Samsung had told me!

MLB and Pluto make up the majority of my streaming.

If I'd known I'd have trouble with those apps  (and I do have LOTS of trouble) I never would have bought this TV.

3 Replies
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Did you ask Samsung? You didn't say Samsung lied, you said Samsung didn't tell you, so therefore I am connecting the dots that you did not ask samsung. If those two apps are so important, I would have made sure I asked prior to making such a large purchase.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

That is a 2023 TV so one would think the TV supports those apps.  My 2023 Monitor and 2024 TV does. 

It is not up to the OEM (Samsung) to support an app or even possible, it is the App developer.  Samsung apps are supported by Samsung because they control the source code.  MLB and Pluto own/control their source code and are responsible for its compatability. 

What kind of issues are you having? 

Submit bug reports to the app developers. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I don't understand why people use smart TV based apps. They are usually slow, not updated frequently. If it was possible to buy a high-end dumb TV, I would.

Get a streaming device, Google TV by Walmart Onn brand is an amazing device. More storage, more RAM, hands free voice control.
0 Likes