Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I tried this for the first time the other day. Fantastic app. The immersive environments add to the experience, but even the pieces that are displayed without them are worthwhile. I'd pay for virtual tours of various museums that I probably will never be able to visit in person.
Totally agree! While I could look at museum pieces on an iPad, iPhone or a printed book, there is a next level experience you get with VP. I’d definitely pay for a subscription especially if it benefits the museums.

Reactions: Roller

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Totally agree! While I could look at museum pieces on an iPad, iPhone or a printed book, there is a next level experience you get with VP. I’d definitely pay for a subscription especially if it benefits the museums.
Something immersive closer to an actual museum experience would be great - for example, being able to view a piece of art or a displayed object from different perspectives within a museum hall environment. IIRC, years ago, Apple created a "virtual museum" on CD-ROM that let you walk through it by clicking to view exhibits, many of which included video and sound.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Something immersive closer to an actual museum experience would be great - for example, being able to view a piece of art or a displayed object from different perspectives within a museum hall environment. IIRC, years ago, Apple created a "virtual museum" on CD-ROM that let you walk through it by clicking to view exhibits, many of which included video and sound.
Have you checked out ArtAuthority Museum? It has a lot of potential! It’s all paintings. The navigation is a little awkward at times. To me it’s an impressive early attempt. The subscription greatly expands what is in each artist room. It’s worth checking out!

Reactions: Roller

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Gymaholic is another great app on VisionPro! It has a ton of exercises and some stretches. The AR guy shows you proper form and what muscles get worked. It’s worth checking out even if you rarely leave the couch.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
ForeFlight just updated Voyager. It shows an even larger radius of terrain around the airport, and you can zoom in and out and rotate the view with gestures. I can now see details, including my house, that were previously beyond the field of view for two regional airports, one of which is 7 miles away as the crow plane flies. Of course, this also means more airspace and aircraft to watch. Pretty cool and amazing for a free app!

notai

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
Any real world flight or race car sims or something similar that work on the VP ?

notai

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
but this all requires external hardware or some other app from briefly looking at it does it not ? I mean if I go to the App Store are they natively available on the headset themselves, thats kind of what i'm looking for, one click install on AVP away we go. After clicking around on the MS Flight Sim site, nothing mentions AVP, but theres some SteamVR AVLR thing, etc that requires you to run it on external hardware ?... all too clunky. I mean this thing has M2 chips and 200GB and I still need to futz around. no thanks.

oversoul-official

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2024
Hello here, check out our newly launched app - OverSoul. It's spatial photo converting and sharing social media app.

We take:
  • Native Apple format spatial photo
  • Side by side(LR and RL) stereo photo
  • Any monocular(flat) image. We'll convert it using our best in class AI deployed in the backend.
And we display spatial photos for you. You can share it or keep it to yourself.

Why not try it out on the App Store?

1.png

Reactions: Lobwedgephil

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
For anyone who is interested, the Apple Developer app can be downloaded by anyone without the need for an account. With it you can see the Environment made just for that app. I think it’s pretty sharp. I wish they would made it a standard Environment rather than being specific to that one app.

Reactions: HDFan

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
but this all requires external hardware or some other app from briefly looking at it does it not ? I mean if I go to the App Store are they natively available on the headset themselves, thats kind of what i'm looking for, one click install on AVP away we go. After clicking around on the MS Flight Sim site, nothing mentions AVP, but theres some SteamVR AVLR thing, etc that requires you to run it on external hardware ?... all too clunky. I mean this thing has M2 chips and 200GB and I still need to futz around. no thanks.

Don't follow. Flight simulator isn't natively available on any Apple ARM platform.

1. You install/run it from steam
2. No extra hardware required to run the app. Controller evidently optional.

Since it is $60 I'm not going to test it, but video seems to say that it works well.

XPlane runs natively on the VP.

Didn't test with a controller.

IMG_0154.jpeg

Reactions: fatTribble

HApip

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2024
People using AVP to play Beat Saber on SteamVR with controllers, looks cool

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Don't follow. Flight simulator isn't natively available on any Apple ARM platform.

1. You install/run it from steam
2. No extra hardware required to run the app. Controller evidently optional.

Since it is $60 I'm not going to test it, but video seems to say that it works well.

XPlane runs natively on the VP.

Didn't test with a controller.

View attachment 2386217
How real does it look on the AVP? Is it fully immersive (you can look around)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.