Delete a user

I'm trying to delete a user that has never signed into an account and am getting the message "Could not delete user due to legal hold.  Please contact your Vault administrator. "  I'm the vault administrator.  There are no holds on that account.  The account had never been logged into.  I logged in and deleted any Gmail messages that had been sent to All Staff which would have included that account.  Permanently deleted all the trashed emails.  Still cannot delete user.  How do I delete a user like this?  Are there any work arounds?   

0 4 292
4 REPLIES 4

Hello!

You have to delete the data hold on google vault to then delete the user:

https://support.google.com/vault/answer/11542069?hl=en

Hope it helps.

I have read through that document.  There is no individual hold on that user.  There are no organizational holds either.  That's why I can't figure it out.  Any suggestions for a work around?

If there isn't any hold, than you have to talk with the support.

This type of error is only related to google vault holds.

You might not have a  specific hold on that user, however if you have a hold on an OU/Group/Shared Drive which they are a member of, this would stop you deleting them. Deleting their mail and drive items would not resolve this as their deleted items would be retained in Vault.

Check which Groups/Drives/OU's they are in and remove/change.

Hope that helps, Chris

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors