Original topic:

Tablet brightness dims on its own again

(Topic created: Thursday)
Options
Tablets

This is the 3rd Samsung Galaxy Tab 8+ I bought and the same exact thing is happening. It also happened with Tab S7. It didn't happen with Tab S6 or S4. It's no longer a coincidence. The brightness dims on its own. In the beginning it's fine then later on, the brightness randomly dims on it's own even though auto brightness is turned off. I bought this from samsung.com online and even picked it up from BestBuy. It's brand new. I spoke with a Samsung supervisor and told me that the only way to fix it is for Samsung developers to come up with a brightness feature enhancement through a software patch. He said the reason this is happening is because Samsung made this tablet to function this way. When it dims, it will shows on the bar below that it cannot be increased to prevent overheating or something like that. Sometimes this appears at 80% of brightness then I can't increase it after this. Sometimes it happens at 70%. It can even happen at 60% then when I am using it, the brightness sometimes increases on it's own. Sometimes it will increase to 100% and sometimes it will increase to 80% . The last Tab S8+ I had to send it for repair like 2 times and they could never find anything wrong with it until I got a refund and bought this one. The same thing happened when I got Tab S7. That's why I got S8 + instead. So in total this is like 5 Samsung tablets this has happened to. Two of them were S7 and 3 of them are S8+ tablets. It's no longer an app I download because this can happen, just by not downloading any apps and only keeping the default ones and not downloading any new apps. Updating the software didn't work either.

So when the **bleep** are the developers going to fix this problem? It's annoying now. I bought this tablet specifically for its brightness, but it's not letting me to keep the brightness at 100% all the time? I only use this tablet during the weekends and switch from this one to the S6 tablet. S6 the brightness never changes. Did Samsung do this on purpose? A whole team of engineers came up with this brilliant idea of preventing customers from keeping their  brightness at 100% and making it dim on it's own at whatever percent the tablet chooses to dim to? Doesn't make sense. I want a solution from Samsung now. It's no longer has to do anything with repairs or malfunctioning or anything like that. The supervisor told me this is how Samsung made the tablet and only a software patch can fix this......

6 Replies
Kai_조화
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
If the Tablet gets a little to hot it will force the brightness to dim down to help with efficiency
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

That doesn't make sense. If I just turn on the tablet and it automatically dims after turning it on even though I haven't used it for days then no way it would be hot. 

0 Likes
Kai_조화
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
If thats the case then make sure the proximity sensor isn't blocked by anything too
It might be thinking your in a dark room
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

How do I find the proximity sensor? There hasn't been a technical support representative who has been able to find it. 

0 Likes
Kai_조화
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Most of the time it's on the top front of the display
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

Where can I find it on the actual settings of the tablet and how to adjust it?

0 Likes