Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 brightness fix?

(Topic created: 05-27-2024 04:00 AM)
Rym1
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I currently own a Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 mini-LED monitor, and I see it's brightness is exceptionally low for a miniLED, it maxes out at around 320 nits fullscreen in HDR.

I see that the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC, which is exactly two Neo G8s stitched together, reaches around 750 nits fullscreen in HDR.

Any ETA on when the Neo G8 brightness will be fixed so it can also reach it's expected miniLED luminance? To be honest, 300 nits fullscreen is not miniLED brightness, it's OLED brightness. A firmware update is sorely needed to fix this issue imo.

1 Reply
4K Gaming 1981
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased the Odyssey Neo G8 too and am quite disappointed with it's overall full screen brightness in SDR which is around 300 nits on a full screen and HDR is not much brighter, my 1080p monitor from a decade ago would get way brighter with over 400 nits full screen with a more punchy vibrant picture, but it doesn't have all the features of this monitor, for such an expensive display which is almost at the top of Samsung's gaming line you would think Samsung would make the Odyssey Neo G8 more brighter/vibrant.

0 Likes