Original topic:

G9 Oled not centered and cropped at differing sides

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Augustus1st
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi

I have problem with my odyssey g9 Oled in which there is a couple of centimeter gap of dead screen space between the bezels and where the Monitor actually picks up, this also takes place on different sides of the screen after almost every startup. i tried to see if it was possibly the pixel shift setting or even my computer that was connected but i found that pixel shift moved the screen more out of alignment. As well as the problem was still persistent on the monitors actually main hub 

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying the following. First I would make sure that you are using the recommended display resolution by right-clicking the desktop and going to display. Make sure to click on the resolution and when it opens click the resolution that says recommended.

After that you can go to your GPU's control panel and change the aspect ratio or change the desktop sizing itself. Im not sure if you have Nvidia or AMD, but for Nvidia, you can do the follow right right-click the desktop> Nvidia control panel> Adjust desktop size and position, and you can change it from there.

The last thing that I would recommend is to factory reset your monitor. Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Augustus1st
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately upon going into the Nvidia control panel all settings were matching the screens recommended resolution and refresh rate and up trying to change screen size it had already been maxed out. However the problem still persisted. I did try the factory reset however the problem was still persistent even then on the hub home screen.

0 Likes
VinnieB109
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm experiencing the same issue, I do not recall having this issue before today. It seems like the image is shifted to the right. When I move my mouse cursor all the way to the left, I'm still able to see the cursor and about a 1/4" of black space. When I move it all the way to the right, it disappears.