JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

G6 (G60SD) black screen when using HDR

(Topic created: Friday)
pixelspiral
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The display exhibits intermittent black screens as if it's switching inputs. This usually occurs in games but not exclusively.

I've tried a lot of things from switching cables to lowering bpc. The only thing that consistently fixes the issue is turning off HDR.

It seems like this is a frequently encountered issue. Anyone have a fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If none of the troubleshooting is helping then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

4 Replies
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

You can try different DP cables and update to lastest firmware. But I have been dealing with the exact same issue also most often in games. And sometimes the monitor will not recover from the black screen.

It is most likely a faulty panel

You will need to RMA the monitor a few times if unlucky . Since this issue is very common upon all G* series.

Most common fix from users was a replacement of the motherboard + panel on the display.

pixelspiral
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I don't think it's the cable. There's no new firmware yet for this monitor.

I figured out that turning off freesync for games seems to fix the issue.

Thanks, I might RMA it at some point but it seems like too much of a hassle. I'm also a bit afraid of the clause that I'm liable for costs if there's no issue found with the monitor. It seems like it might be a software/firmware issue.

0 Likes
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you have to turn off freesync then yes it is a faulty monitor that needs a panel replacement.

I have the same exact issue like many more with two G7 it safe to say that this issue is spread to all G* Series.

Since this issue is very hard to troubleshoot on the user end. You are not alone to think that this issue could be a software/firmware related. Myself I have tho that same. But after 4 months of troubleshooting I know this is not software/firmware related.

In reality the issue is very much the panel being defective.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If none of the troubleshooting is helping then this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/