Original topic:

49" Odyssey G9 second defective unit as a consumer

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
KFunk1
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Purchased Samsung UWD (model#: C49RG90SSN) on 3/12/23. The first display I picked up at BestBuy was defective (black screen/no indication power was received on standby light).. packed it back up and returned it for a replacement with retailer the next day. That one worked until 6/24/24. Monitor made a loud pop and screen went dark-- also standby light went dark/not indicating any power is being received-- conveniently 2mths outside of Samsung's warranty period.

Now I am to also foot the bill for the service request. Considering the cost of investment into this particular model, I expected better quality and customer service. 

After two defective units I am highly skeptical of the quality and would not recommend to others. 

1 Reply
Profilers
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Well this issue is the same issue I have with two Brand new G7 Models bought on the 1st of March 2024

From my understanding after 4 months of troubleshooting, research and comparison with other users on Samsung forums and elsewhere the issue are caused by *Faulty Panels and/or Mobo*

You will and most likely have to RMA the panels a few times.

- The panels are either mishandled during transportation or during manufacturing

- The panels are either too fragile for the kind of transportation and breaks easily

- The panels are either made with bad quality components which would break easily.

- The panels are either manufactured defectively

- The panels could have faulty chips which would overheat and crash the monitor.

One things for sure is that something is happening to these monitors (G*) from the manufacturer to the warehouse to the customer.

I have been dealing with repairs for over 2 months now without any solution. It takes 1 full month for them to repair a monitor and I have two....

And since Samsung denied me an exchange or refund after my first monitor got repaired and is still acting with black screen.

I'm now dealing with my Bank for two Charged Backs

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU RETURN YOUR MONITOR AND LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT BRAND.
THEIR RMA SERVICE IS THE WORSE PLEASE TRUST

0 Likes