Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
U.K
I hope somebody could explain and help me when i move an album from Music to a usb or sd.

When move multiple albums on to a card or usb it will list the tracks in number as it should but if i load multiple albums the list will show all the No 1 tracks together then all the No 2 tracks and so on, i've tried clicking on the drop down where name, kind and application etc are to no effect, when play the tracks back on a device the album listing is ok, it just annoying to see the way the tracks are listed.
I have put each album in a folder but this makes it awkward to navigate on a device

bob_zz123

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2017
Probably not a lot you can do about this one apart from live with it, on the (music playing) device it's obviously smart enough to link the tracks together into albums (presumably it parses the ID3 metadata from the tracks and loads them into an internal database), but in Finder (which is just generically designed for all types of files) it puts them in alphabetical order.

You could either rename the files into another naming format which includes the name of the album and artist (for example: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon - 05 - The Great Gig in the Sky.m4a) and that would probably do the trick of grouping them together, or you can put each album into a folder.

Reactions: Ambrosia7177
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.