Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geoff777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
I tried to buy my daughter a new laptop from the UK Apple Store. I live abroad. She lives in UK. I have an Apple ID and use Apple Pay for many purchases.

I signed in with my Apple ID, went to pay with Apple Pay and it "did not process" even though my face should have been recognised on the phone.

After another couple of failed attempts, I gave up and decided just to pay direct with the card.

First thing you have to put in is your country - where I live did not come up as an option - the only countries that came up are in Europe or the USA.

Is it true that Apple UK does not accept credit cards from outside Europe or the US? In 2024???

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Your home bank will likely know the answer to your questions.
What is your home country?

Is your card a Visa? Or, MasterCard? That seems to make some difference, as one of my searches showed that MasterCard can be "problematic" in other than the issuing countries, compared to Visa.
Again, your home bank may be a good source for answers

Reactions: Geoff777

Geoff777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks, I will check with the bank but that won't explain why Apple Store UK won't accept a card from outside Europe or US..... pretty sure that if I walked into the store in London with a card from, say, China, it would be processed just fine. But not online. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.