Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Lots of stuff has changed over the past several years, with a ton of new features having being introduced. If you had to choose, what would be your top 3 picks and why?

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
So, picking from features new to macOS in the last few years (if I'm understanding you correctly):
Off the top of my head:
system settings search
Airplay
Preview app's abilitiy to read characters in images (OCR)
APFS in general, but specifically snapshots and volumes that grow and shrink.
Syncing between apple devices
TouchID (I have it on iphone, but I have a MBA M1 coming with thouchID, and I'm looking forward to it. If it's good, I'll get a new magic keyboard for my Mini.)

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
my favorite features in MacOs is still using 2012 software and Macbooks in 2024!
as far as advance form Mountain to say Monterey is slim since i can perform most task on both platforms.
the only features i miss is the cmd-sft-5 record/capture option, renaming files by hovering the file and as [B]Ben J.[/B] mentioned the drop off or universal control between devices.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
For the the absolute top 1 is the seamless integration between devices in the Apple ecosystem. For me things like universal clipboard and handoff/continuity are like magical and totally missing outside of this ecosystem (AFAIK).

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.