Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
With WWDC just days away, there are a few things I'd like to see added to VisionOS.

1) Virtual Display. I think we need several improvements like being able to have more than one window. You should also be able to easily move something like a safari window out of your Mac and into the Vision Pro safari (similar to how continuity works between Macs and iOS).
There should also be a way to have a Virtual display for iPhones and iPads, so that you can interact with your devices while using the Vision Pro.

2) Configurations. You should be able to have several different app arrangements, similar to different spaces on the Mac. The ability to arrange windows/apps and then save them would allow you to call up any configuration you want and transition between them for different uses.

3) App management. It seems like it's a no brainer but there is still no way to organize your apps. For now there aren't many apps, but as the platform matures this will only get worse unless something is done.

4) Calibration of the "Horizon". The Vision Pro lays out windows to be "straight" but in some buildings where there is a slight slope app windows can appear to be askew from the room and this leads to an awkward look. There is no way to adjust the orientation or "tilt" of windows.

5) This is not about VisionOS per se, but it would be nice if they released more options for the strap. The dual loop seems like it was rushed and this is something that can be revisited and improved without having to launch an all new Vision Pro (just like there are new watchbands always released for the Apple Watch.

What are some changes/improvements that you all are hoping for?

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
How about some indoor Environments? When I browse the web in the current outdoor Environments I either feel cold or like I’m being bit my mosquitoes.

Reactions: upthespurs

eliehass

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
iPhone mirroring is coming to macOS but not VisionOS? I hope that’s fixed really soon. Also it seemed like they made a point of not saying visionOS when talking about the new AI features…

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
iPhone mirroring is coming to macOS but not VisionOS? I hope that’s fixed really soon. Also it seemed like they made a point of not saying visionOS when talking about the new AI features…
They said you could use AirPlay to mirror to Vision Pro

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
its an airplay receiver, but that's not the same as interacting with your phone the same way they did in macOS in the demo
Yeah, I'm hopeful that same mirroring functionality comes to the Vision Pro. But for now, if I can airplay my phone to the VP, that will be a lot of help.

Last edited:

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
Calling that a 2.0 update is a joke. It's basically 1.5. 2 4k screens in a wrap around is very cool though.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
May 22, 2014
Curious they didn't mention any of the Apple Intelligence features being available on the Vision Pro.

They all seem to be part of the libraries, so you would think a lot of them will make it over.

Sad, didnt see basic data sync'ing. Reality is visionOS is a dumb iCloud only sync device. Really embarrassing.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
Vision 2.0 Preview

Feels a bit light for a 2.0. But it did help reading through the preview on the Apple site.

It will now recognize and display your magic keyboard (and Mac Keyboard I'm guessing) inside of an environment.

And more Environments coming.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Vision 2.0 Preview

Feels a bit light for a 2.0. But it did help reading through the preview on the Apple site.

It will now recognize and display your magic keyboard (and Mac Keyboard I'm guessing) inside of an environment.

In years past Apple has posted detailed release notes alongside the overview on their site. For me that was one of my favorite parts of each release. They would have a ton of good updates never mentioned in the keynote. Glad to see we can arrange the apps. I’m intrigued by the ability to make any photo into a spatial photo.

SBeardsl

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
Ooh, saving guests is also a nice bonus!
(Non-owner but interested) A step in the right direction but way less than I was hoping for. There are three people in my household, me, my wife, and my daughter so just saving the most recent guest doesn’t meet that need fully.

In addition to guest mode I want a “confirmed user“ list. Guests whose profiles would never be forgotten and (b) could self login even if I‘m not around by, for example holding the iPhone or Apple Watch in front of the AVP. Bonus points for actual separate user accounts which save their Apple ID and give access to all their media.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
(Non-owner but interested) A step in the right direction but way less than I was hoping for. There are three people in my household, me, my wife, and my daughter so just saving the most recent guest doesn’t meet that need fully.

In addition to guest mode I want a “confirmed user“ list. Guests whose profiles would never be forgotten and (b) could self login even if I‘m not around by, for example holding the iPhone or Apple Watch in front of the AVP. Bonus points for actual separate user accounts which save their Apple ID and give access to all their media.
I feel like they’re intending guest mode as a way of showing something interesting to someone rather than giving each person their own account on it. Just my thought.

SBeardsl

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
I feel like they’re intending guest mode as a way of showing something interesting to someone rather than giving each person their own account on it. Just my thought.
Totally but what I want is not just a way to show it off to someone but a way to make it something shareable between the whole family. At $3500+accessories it’s not the same as getting my daughter a iPad mini of her own so I don’t have to share mine. This kind of stuff is different for everyone, I was just saying that no real sharing reduces the value to US by a lot.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Vision 2.0 Preview

I was actually more impressed with this list than the actual keynote. I feel like they didn’t mention most of this stuff? Maybe I’m wrong. It’s not everything everybody wanted but hey. It’s a start. Really like that new gesture

Rainerm

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
SF Nay area
With WWDC just days away, there are a few things I'd like to see added to VisionOS.

1) Virtual Display. I think we need several improvements like being able to have more than one window. You should also be able to easily move something like a safari window out of your Mac and into the Vision Pro safari (similar to how continuity works between Macs and iOS).
There should also be a way to have a Virtual display for iPhones and iPads, so that you can interact with your devices while using the Vision Pro.

2) Configurations. You should be able to have several different app arrangements, similar to different spaces on the Mac. The ability to arrange windows/apps and then save them would allow you to call up any configuration you want and transition between them for different uses.

3) App management. It seems like it's a no brainer but there is still no way to organize your apps. For now there aren't many apps, but as the platform matures this will only get worse unless something is done.

4) Calibration of the "Horizon". The Vision Pro lays out windows to be "straight" but in some buildings where there is a slight slope app windows can appear to be askew from the room and this leads to an awkward look. There is no way to adjust the orientation or "tilt" of windows.

5) This is not about VisionOS per se, but it would be nice if they released more options for the strap. The dual loop seems like it was rushed and this is something that can be revisited and improved without having to launch an all new Vision Pro (just like there are new watchbands always released for the Apple Watch.

What are some changes/improvements that you all are hoping for?
For point 3:

You can move your apps around and frame screen to screen to arrange them as you like.
I did t try to put them in folders but I was be able to move them.
I moved all apps I frequently use to the first “page” so I do t have to scroll too much around.

To point 4.
I found that when I “click and hold” the window, I can tilt the window by tilting my head. When it’s straight, let go of the window and it will stay.
That works very well looking up, meaning the window is higher than straight ahead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.