Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boredandlonely

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Input from iPhone 13 Mini users please.

Can you wake your phone by tapping/touching the screen?

I SWEAR I had been waking the phone this way for years and it recently stopped working. When I looking into fixing it, I was told it never had that function. Tell me if I’m crazy, or tell me I’m right.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Input from iPhone 13 Mini users please.

Can you wake your phone by tapping/touching the screen?

I SWEAR I had been waking the phone this way for years and it recently stopped working. When I looking into fixing it, I was told it never had that function. Tell me if I’m crazy, or tell me I’m right.
I had one about a year ago (company phone) as as far as I remember tap to get the screen to light up worked fine. Have been using this on my phones every since iPhone X.
I'm pretty sure all phones with FaceID supports this.

edit:
Could it be that you updated recently, if so what iOS version did you upgrade from?
Have you checked this setting?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiMinji

boredandlonely

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Unbelievable. I knew it. THAT FIXED IT. I looked everywhere for that setting and couldn’t find it. I called Apple Support and they escalated me a couple times and SWORE to me that “tap to wake” was not available on 13 Mini hardware. Yes, an iOS update probably switched it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.