Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dallardice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I suspect there's no way around this, so treat it as a bit of a moan. A few months ago I started using Apple's Sleep Playlists to help me sleep rather than those from a third party app. Over that period I have started getting Sleep-themed tracks in my personalised playlists, particular in my New Music Mix. I have never Favourited/Liked any Sleep track or playlist, I just pick one almost at random of an evening.

It's ruining my New Music Mix as I definitely don't want a Sleep-themed track when I'm driving or working so have to skip them manually. It would be nice if Apple Music recognised that certain tracks are only appropriate at certain times or, better still, it took into account my Likes/Favourites and tracks/playlists that I have Added to Library rather than just tracks I've listened to.

martens

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
I hear you, it is the same for me. I'm thinking it might help to use the Suggest Less button when these tracks come up, but have yet to try this. Probably wouldn't hurt to play favorite music more, even if you aren't around to hear it (if you have some way to do that).

I actually did add many of the sleep playlists to my Library, but recently deleted them all because I'm trying to reduce the number of 'rump' albums that show up in Albums list as a result of adding Playlists (this is probably my biggest peeve with Apple Music: I only want to see albums I've explicitly added in the Albums list but most of them are there because some playlist song is from the album).

Ideally it would pay attention to what you listen to and when, and discount anything played during sleep hours.

Reactions: dallardice
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.