Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwrowley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2024
I’ve enabled AirPlay Receiver on VisionOS 2.0 (for ‘Everyone’, no password required) - and it doesn’t show up on my iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 18 beta nor my iPad Pro M4 running iOS beta. Anyone else having issues? They are all on the same WiFi network. I can share my AVP out to these devices (ie. AirPlay broadcast from AVP) but not receive. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on things to try.

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
So can you send audio from your AVP to an Airplay receiver - like a separate speaker - or soundbar ?

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
It only works from a phone that is running IOS 18 for now.
The OP said they're running iOS 18 beta.

Maybe re-installing visionOS 2.0 or iOS 18 will shake something loose. I have no other specific suggestions than to say I've had similar experiences with beta features suddenly working without me having done anything. Beta software, especially at the OS level, can be flaky.

Reactions: fatTribble

Dwrowley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2024
The OP said they're running iOS 18 beta.

Maybe re-installing visionOS 2.0 or iOS 18 will shake something loose. I have no other specific suggestions than to say I've had similar experiences with beta features suddenly working without me having done anything. Beta software, especially at the OS level, can be flaky.
Strangely enough it DID start working all of a sudden even though I did nothing new. As you say, betas can be flakey. I guess patience and perseverance is the key. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: Roller
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.