Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
So I took it upon myself to check the price in Germany and jeeze, it’s starting at 3,999€ and if you pay it monthly, you have to pay a interest fee of 3,5% p.a.! Crazy. I am sure this will end up collecting dust.

I also have not found a single article about it’s imminent launch in the broad media which is surprising considering they used to highlight anything Apple does.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
try Kleinanzeigen. I got mine there 2 month ago, 512gb w case for 3800���. Id never ever pay the full price for AVP.

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
I'd never pay used prices either. Be glad you're spared this offering for now. I could even sort of imagine they're pushing back international releases until they can ship units with the M4 that will be Apple Intelligence capable. There's really no reason to buy a product with an already outdated chipset at that price point (or any price point).

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Not surprised is very much a niche product and years away from bigger level of buying it

Rainerm

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
SF Nay area
So I took it upon myself to check the price in Germany and jeeze, it’s starting at 3,999€ and if you pay it monthly, you have to pay a interest fee of 3,5% p.a.! Crazy. I am sure this will end up collecting dust.

I also have not found a single article about it’s imminent launch in the broad media which is surprising considering they used to highlight anything Apple does.
Well.
The AVP is valued by Apple for 3500 dollar starting price.
That doesn’t include any tax.
In Germany you have to pay 19% tax if I remember right. So that price isn't so far off.
Not sure about the exchange rate at the moment. But it seems that the price without the tax is around 3300 euro and that’s pretty much on par with what’s here charged. Perhaps even a few (euro) bucks cheaper in Germany.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.