Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geauxmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
This new immersive Marvel “What If” app is pretty impressive! I just played through/watched the first 3 chapters. Feels like a theme park attraction.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I loved it and I don’t even know anything about the What If series. I didn’t expect it to be 360°. There is a wide variety of scenes and styles. Sometimes you’re in your own room with people stepping out of a portal. Other times it’s fully immersive with some very impressive rooms. To me, the quality is very high. Just extremely well done.

Now can we have more please? If they sell these, I will buy. 🤣

Reactions: geauxmac

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I tried it last night. Unfortunately, it was late and I had to stop after a few minutes, but what I saw was quite compelling. I would have thought transitioning between fully immersive scenes and having characters in my environment would be off-putting, but it made the experience all that more realistic.

I'm an MCU fan, but I'd love to see something similar for Star Trek.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I tried it last night. Unfortunately, it was late and I had to stop after a few minutes, but what I saw was quite compelling. I would have thought transitioning between fully immersive scenes and having characters in my environment would be off-putting, but it made the experience all that more realistic.

I'm an MCU fan, but I'd love to see something similar for Star Trek.
Definitely Star Trek! 🖖

But I’m ok with Star Wars too!

Live long and may The Force be with you 🤓

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Let me start by saying I haven’t played a video game since the original PAC Man…. That said, I just played through “What if.” It was fun. They’ve done a great job of making it accessible even for newbie’s like me.
I only wonder if it’s enough for a seasoned video game player?
Great visuals though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.