Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alfon_sico

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2015
Just a silly question. I can’t invoque boot menu in my new Mac mini m2 pressing alt key after chime sound

Previous years with Mac mini 2012 and 2014 I always got it in that way and I read some webs as it was the method to got it as usual, anyway after several attempts a was not able to got

Is the any other method or combination as it is a m2 Apple silicon arm hardware?

Icelus

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2018
  1. Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button as your Mac starts up.
  2. Release the power button when you see the startup options screen, which shows your startup disks and a gear icon labeled Options.
  3. From this window you can start up from a different disk, start up in safe mode, use macOS Recovery, and more.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
First, be sure the Mini is powered off. A restart won't work.

Then, press AND HOLD the power button and keep holding it in UNTIL you see "loading startup options".

Then you can let go. Wait for the startup options screen, and from there you can boot from another drive, go to recovery, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.