Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Previous phones turned on low power mode at 20%. 15 does not or prompt me. Any ideas?

joeblack007

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2023
Hello. Just a couple thoughts…force restart and test (if you haven’t already). If so, then I’d use the Reset All Settings option in Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset All Settings. Just remember if you perform that step:
  • Reset All Settings: All settings—including network settings, the keyboard dictionary, location settings, privacy settings, and Apple Pay cards—are removed or reset to their defaults. No data or media are deleted.
I would recommend that step when I worked for Apple Support and things (default settings) weren’t functioning. The trade off is small if you can get your phone working as it did before the issue started. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Previous phones turned on low power mode at 20%. 15 does not or prompt me. Any ideas?
On iPhones that have dynamic island (assuming you have a 15 Pro), you no longer get a pop up prompt when battery hits 20% to turn on low power mode. And previous phones didn't turn on low power mode automatically, you still had to manually do it.

Instead you get a notification within dynamic island and you need to long press on it to turn on low power mode.

No need to reset settings or anything. This is just how it works now with dynamic island.

You can also set up an automation to automatically turn on low power mode when battery hits 20%.

Reactions: johnalan

joeblack007

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2023
On iPhones that have dynamic island (assuming you have a 15 Pro), you no longer get a pop up prompt when battery hits 20% to turn on low power mode. And previous phones didn't turn on low power mode automatically, you still had to manually do it.

Instead you get a notification within dynamic island and you need to long press on it to turn on low power mode.

No need to reset settings or anything. This is just how it works now with dynamic island.

You can also set up an automation to automatically turn on low power mode when battery hits 20%.
Good to know, thx. I personally have always used Low Power Mode by adding to Control Center. iPhone 14 Pro here.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008

14 pro always prompted me

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
14 pro always prompted me
On my 14 Pro, this is what happens when my battery reaches 20%. The notification (prompt) shows up in the Dynamic Island. Long pressing on it brings up a pop up to turn on low power mode.

Attachments

• IMG_4948.jpeg
    IMG_4948.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4949.jpeg
    IMG_4949.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: johnalan

Macs Pain

macrumors member
May 19, 2009
Germany
Damn, how bad is this? 😂
Most of the time I won’t be looking at the Dynamic Island when the iPhone hits the 20% battery… 🤣
How can I get the message back?

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Damn, how bad is this? 😂
Most of the time I won’t be looking at the Dynamic Island when the iPhone hits the 20% battery… 🤣
How can I get the message back?
I use a simple automation to turn on Low Power mode when it hits 30% battery, you can just change it to 20%….

Attachments

• IMG_2881.png
    IMG_2881.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.