Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Man alive, I have tried and tried with my new iPhone 15+ to get it to physically sync with my iMac (iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5). The phone charges when plugged in via USB (I have tried other cables and USB ports) but it just will not show up anywhere. Nothing in the Finder or any apps. The Apple forums suggestions were of no help and did not work. I'm stymied at this point. Anyone have any clues? Can't even get the phone to be seen by apps like Waltr.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Didn't mention what OS you have on that Mac, but per Apple's iPhone 15 page, system requirements:

Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:
  • macOS Catalina 10.15 or later using the Finder
  • macOS High Sierra 10.13 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Exactly. New iPhones have never played well with old Macs.
So yeah - if you want to connect a new iPhone to a Mac, the Mac has to be fairly recent

Omer8

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2023
My 2022 iPad Pro won’t show up in finder on first connect to my MacBook Pro 2012. If I unplug and plug in a second time it does. Another method is to plug in, open finder, toggle off the finder sidebar setting that shows connected devices, then toggle it back on.

Reactions: now i see it

Omer8

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2023
Thought I’d also mention that as BugeyeSTI stated I did as well have to run a one time prompted software update before the above would work..

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
The phone charges when plugged in via USB (I have tried other cables and USB ports) but it just will not show up anywhere. Nothing in the Finder or any apps.

Do all of the cables support data transfer?

Are you connecting it directly to the Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.