Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
I often need to help my mum with her tech and when I sign in to her iCloud it prompts 2FA on her device, which I don't have and it's a bit inconvenient to have her tell me the code everytime. I know I can do it once and select "trust this browser", but if the cookies get deleted or I get a new device then I have to do it all again.

Is there a way where I can link my iCloud to her iCloud so I can sign into her iCloud via my own and not need a 2FA code to be sent to her device?

Thanks

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I think its possible for you to add your device as a trusted MFA/2FA device so that you get the code as the same time as your mum. One i-device can be used as MFA for multiple apple accounts as far as I know.
That way your mum knows if you are doing stuff to her account (she gets a notification) but you also know if your mum or someone else it trying to get into it.

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
I think its possible for you to add your device as a trusted MFA/2FA device so that you get the code as the same time as your mum. One i-device can be used as MFA for multiple apple accounts as far as I know.
That way your mum knows if you are doing stuff to her account (she gets a notification) but you also know if your mum or someone else it trying to get into it.

Thanks, managed to add my phone number as a 2FA method.

Reactions: Reverend Benny
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.