Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Went on HBO Max last night and the Iron Throne room looks so much better. Like a visual remaster with much better textures… too bad its still the only environment… and too bad the service has gotten so bad i plan to drop it next week lol.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Went on HBO Max last night and the Iron Throne room looks so much better. Like a visual remaster with much better textures… too bad its still the only environment… and too bad the service has gotten so bad i plan to drop it next week lol.
I thought it looked better when I tried it last night, but I don't use the room often, so it was hard to tell. Are you dropping HBO (Max) altogether? I'm thinking of doing that after the upcoming season of House of the Dragon ends.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I thought it looked better when I tried it last night, but I don't use the room often, so it was hard to tell. Are you dropping HBO (Max) altogether? I'm thinking of doing that after the upcoming season of House of the Dragon ends.
I’ve had it since the beginning and always had 4k and they’re stealing that from me and they just jacked up the price again. There’s no way I’m paying over $200 a year for the 2 shows they have worth watching. Ill Just subscribe again when the last of us comes back and ill binge the new GOT and that together. That’s all i watch on there anymore anyways. They had so much more programming worth watching years ago. I never thought I’d see a day where im watching more Apple TV+ than any other service. Things really turned around there.

Reactions: Macaholic868

david.olstein

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
It's so much better. Before the change, the iron throne was visible at the bottom of the movie screen and could be distracting. The screen seems bigger than it was before. Although I wish it were possible to make the screen even bigger.

I wish we could get a few more immersive environments. I'd like to see a movie palace environment for watching TCM movies.

Reactions: fatTribble

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
It's so much better. Before the change, the iron throne was visible at the bottom of the movie screen and could be distracting. The screen seems bigger than it was before. Although I wish it were possible to make the screen even bigger.

I wish we could get a few more immersive environments. I'd like to see a movie palace environment for watching TCM movies.
I think there is so much potential in Environments. I wish they would make them all available outside their respective app. Apologies for anyone who has read my saying that a hundred times.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I think there is so much potential in Environments. I wish they would make them all available outside their respective app. Apologies for anyone who has read my saying that a hundred times.
totally agree... and make them all work the same... the Disney ones are super annoying cus ya need to completely leave the movie to activate them and if ya do anything else they go away.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
totally agree... and make them all work the same... the Disney ones are super annoying cus ya need to completely leave the movie to activate them and if ya do anything else they go away.
Exactly! I also wish you could stop going to the dark version when viewing a show especially in Disney. You basically only get the daytime version while you find a show to watch. It’s fine in something like the theater but for the Tatooine environment it seems a crime to dim that.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Exactly! I also wish you could stop going to the dark version when viewing a show especially in Disney. You basically only get the daytime version while you find a show to watch. It’s fine in something like the theater but for the Tatooine environment it seems a crime to dim that.
agreed! especially since you can't do anything else in those day environments. Kind of a waste as it is now

Macaholic868

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2017

I couldn’t agree more!!!

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
There's light coming in on the bottom right of the screen position. It was too distracting me so I had to switch to the Moon environment.

david.olstein

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
There's light coming in on the bottom right of the screen position. It was too distracting me so I had to switch to the Moon environment.
That used to be the case for me with the Throne Room environment. But not after the upgrade. Have you tried lately?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.