Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy today has introduced massive discounts on the previous generation M2 iPad Pro, including record low prices for both 11-inch and 12.9-inch models. These deals are mainly focused on Wi-Fi models, but you can find a few cellular tablets on sale as well.

ipad-pro-new-blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

11-inch M2 iPad Pro

For 11-inch iPad Pro tablets, prices start at $599.00 for the 128GB Wi-Fi tablet, down from $799.00. In total, you can get up to $300 off these iPad Pros right now on Best Buy, and you don't need a My Best Buy Plus or Total membership to see these deals.

12.9-inch M2 iPad Pro

If you're looking for a larger display model, Best Buy has the 12.9-inch iPad Pro from $799.00 for the 128GB Wi-Fi model, down from $1,099.00. Best Buy is taking up to $300 off the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and just like the 11-inch models every one of these deals represents an all-time low price on the tablets.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Get Up to $300 Off Apple's M2 iPad Pro With Best Buy's New Sale

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
If your in the market and budget for an M2 Air, just get the M2 Pro instead. Better screen, promotion, better speakers, more cameras, Lidar etc. The only thing you lose is the new Apple Pencil and the FaceTime camera location.

sleeptodream

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2022
almost makes me regret the 256gb m1 air i got for $550, but not quite. give me a pink ipad pro please apple :3

Minghold

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2022
Great prices. Superior M2 chip (with extra GPU core), superior screen due to ProMotion (and miniLED on 12.9”) and superior speakers (quad) compared to M2 iPad Air (landscape stereo).
Apple hasn't had good speakers in anything since the 2006 24" white iMacs. Those things were *sumptuous*. (Stick around, and I'll do a boomer skit on how music peaked in the '70s.)

Minghold

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2022
You mean extra $400? 128gb is more than enough for most people. The M4 isn't $400 better...
You can buy a 1TB SSD external for about fifty bucks now at Microcenter. There is no need to throw gobs at an OEM for internal storage.

Reactions: DEMinSoCAL

Jay3197

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
Wishing I had waited before picking up an Air 5th gen 64GB for $399 late last month. Already outside the return window too otherwise this would have been a no brainer!

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Wishing I had waited before picking up an Air 5th gen 64GB for $399 late last month. Already outside the return window too otherwise this would have been a no brainer!

I still think you got a good deal. $399 is way more palatable and you can pocket the extra $200 for an even better iPad in a few years.

Reactions: Jay3197

ELman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
I had to return my M4 13" and 11" due to the OLED display. It was killing my eyes. I'm going with the M2 12.9 instead.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I haven’t picked up my 10th gen iPad other than to update it since I got the Vision Pro. If I can’t do something on it or my iPhone then it’s usually a more complex computing task and I go grab my M3 MacBook Pro, but with that being said, this is such a good deal I’m seriously considering buying it. I’ve never owned a Magic Keyboard but I’m thinking one of these plus a Magic Keyboard would allow me to install OpenVPN and Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app which would allow me to work remotely on my Windows PC at the office without having to lug around my laptop…… I’m seriously tempted.

Does anybody with an iPad who uses Microsoft’s Remote Desktop app and a Magic Keyboard know if it’s possible to do a left click on the mouse pad? I can do it on a MacBook which is why I tend to run upstairs to use that when I need to remote into my PC at the office but if I could do that on an iPad with a 12.9” screen that would allow me to get 90% of the computing I do when I’m not at the office from mobile devices. Every oncee in a while I need either either full blown OS X or Windows (yuck …. I know … but when you do what I do professionally and work in Windows full time there is some software I need to be able to run that will only work on Windows which is possible on Apple Silicon thanks to VM’s and the ARM version of Windows 11) then I can do those things on my MacBook Pro.

As I’m sitting here typing this with a keyboard while using my AVP I’ve got to run upstairs to check out something on my work PC and boy would it be nice to go over and grab an iPad instead of running upstairs just do that. First world problems 😜

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I still think you got a good deal. $399 is way more palatable and you can pocket the extra $200 for an even better iPad in a few years.
It's not a bad deal but if you want to keep it for a few years the 64gb storage will get filled up too fast and will impact the usability of the iPad. The pro comes with 128 which should last a longer time or get an M1 air with 256 gb. Im personally thinking of replacing my Air 4 because the 64gb leaves little space for anything.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Guys, if you can grab one of this (and you don’t mind not having access to the new Pencil Pro features, which admittedly are pretty cool if you’re an artist), it’s an awesome device! I love mine and honest the only thing I miss from the new one is the great super powerful and efficient M4, and the new microphone array that records much better audio. But other than that, you’re saving money on an awesome device like the M2 iPad Pro. Best value ever, if you don’t need the new pencil features. If you do, however, the M2 Air is a great deal as well.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
You guys are so lucky in the US to be able to get a new iPad Pro M2 for $599, absolute steal at that price. I have been looking everywhere in the UK, but they are all about £799. Amazon UK basically only have 512 GB models for £1024. I just want a reasonably discounted base iPP M2 as an upgrade on my iPad Air 4, so i can then use it with my current MK.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Very good discounts on the M2 iPad Pro model. It will still be a good buy.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just bought two of those M1 5th gen iPad Air deals for my kids, 256GB for $549, since they were dealing with hand me down iPads from 2014 and 2017. They needed more than 64GB so 128GB would’ve probably worked. Kinda wish I had gotten these Pros instead since they’ll probably last a year longer for updates with the newer chip. But it also saved $100 and they got double the storage.

They’re starting to become a bit data happy as they get older so probably for the best. Never thought they’d have the same iPad chip as me, but the M1 is a beast and I don’t really have any reason to upgrade. I also have double the RAM in my 1TB Pro, and maybe an extra GPU core, idk I can’t keep it all straight anymore. Apple isn’t very transparent about their weird iPad configs.

Only reason I have to upgrade is I’m kinda done with the 12.9” form factor and the 11” has OLED now. Will probably upgrade with the next refresh. Would honestly be fine with an Air if not for the display on the Pro. I don’t think I’ve ever come close to taxing the M1 chip on an iPad. Even my M3 Max 14” MBP I’ve only heard the fan a few times since getting it at launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.