Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gmapeg4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
I tried to take a snapshot to show what I'm trying to explain, but can't find it due to this problem. When I click in any program to save a file in a folder or desktop, it saves. However, when I open that folder or look on the desktop, the files don’t appear. It is the same with screenshots. I take a screenshot and it saves, but it can’t be found. For example, I saved a photo to my folder "UPLOAD PICS". Within that folder is a folder called "Upload 3-4-24".
I then clicked for information on both the "UPLOAD PICS" folder and the "Uploaded 3-4-24" folder and it says in the "UPLOAD PICS" folder that there are 51 files. In the "Uploaded 3-4-24" folder there are 47 files. The other 4 files are those I saved that do not appear in the folder. I cannot see them. If I save a file to Dropbox, they are visible, but not on my hard drive. If I save them to Photos, they are visible on my phone and iPad, but not my Mac.

This all just started about 4 days ago.

I just figured out how to share a pic from my Dropbox account.

Last edited:

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
Have you tried opening a 'New Finder Window' and checking the date modified column to show the latest files? If the files are anywhere at all on your machine they should show up here.

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
I wonder if this could have to do with syncing the desktop and documents folders to iCloud. Did you by any chance enable that option in system settings, about fourteen days ago?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.