Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KELLYJAMES30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Hello....my new boyfriend has apparently been texting his ex girlfriend for the whole time we have been together...The ex has forwarded these messages to me...she has an iphone as do I, my boyf has a Nokia...He swears he did not send these texts and claims the ex has managed to alter the dates and times of the texts to look as though they were sent recently..and also claims she has altered the text content..The ex has now admitted that her friend who has an Android phone managed to download an app and create this conversation and sent it to her iphone, where she then forwarded the messges to me in the form of a screen shot from the message feed....IS THS AT ALL POSSIBLE,,,,,??? Help!

knimetimmy

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Hello....my new boyfriend has apparently been texting his ex girlfriend for the whole time we have been together...The ex has forwarded these messages to me...she has an iphone as do I, my boyf has a Nokia...He swears he did not send these texts and claims the ex has managed to alter the dates and times of the texts to look as though they were sent recently..and also claims she has altered the text content..The ex has now admitted that her friend who has an Android phone managed to download an app and create this conversation and sent it to her iphone, where she then forwarded the messges to me in the form of a screen shot from the message feed....IS THS AT ALL POSSIBLE,,,,,??? Help!

The only way I would think somebody could alter screen shots from an iPhone to fool you would be photoshop, and they would have to be pretty good photoshop to pull it off. As for the app, there may be such an app out there send her friend fake texts under your boyfriends number, and she could have screen capped those. But I dont know if there is so I cant help there, sorry.

-Knine

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA

1. There is no such app to my knowledge

2. IMO, your real solution is a more mature boyfriend with less baggage.

Good luck.

rgctx

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
All she has to do is save another number under his name, text herself from that number. Yes it's possible and simple.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
There are websites like http://www.fakeiphonetext.com/ that can do fake texts, but none I know also display time. Also, I don't think there's a single Android app that does fake iPhone texts (I just checked on Google Play).

Did you confront your boyfriend about this before the ex "admitted" the fake text thing? If you did, my guess is that your boyfriend forced her ex to lie to you so that he wouldn't get in trouble with you, possibly threatening her with anything so that she complies.

If the ex is telling you that, it's because she wants you to break up with your boyfriend so she can get back with him. She's still interested, so it would have been easy for your boyfriend to threaten her with something like "Tell my girlfriend all this was a lie and that the screenshots were manipulated otherwise I'm not talking to you ever again".

If however the ex admitted the fake screenshot thing even before your boyfriend was aware that you and his ex were texting each other, disregard what I just said and assume that his ex isn't over him and a bit crazy. It happens often, but so do guys cheating with their ex.

Last edited:

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
If she sent them to you as a screenshot, it is painfully easy to fake those. Just got to this site (fakeiphonetext.com), enter the conversation you would like to create, then then hit the 'Create' button.

Edit: Looks like pgiguere1 beat me to it.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
On a jailbroken iPhone it is incredibly easy to add fake text messages. They're stored in a sqlite database that does not hide anything.

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2009
CA
Yes, it's very easy in fact. I would be very skeptical of what she sent. It sounds to me like the ex is trying to sabotage the relationship.

KAthe1andOnly

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2024
{*Edited to add* Disclaimer: contrary to how the following may imply, I do fully get the point/irony/idiocy of it and actually LOL’d a bit- but it was crazy to me how easily I was led to a 12 year old post- it manages to get back up there every few years or so I guess lol! }

To be fair.. I’m only here due to this exact (now 12 year old? 🤯) thread ending up one of the first few results to a Google search lol

Honestly irritated me at first because there’s no way the response could be relevant to my 12 years later IPhone 14!

Much to my chagrin, it seems as though there’s been minimal development in the fake an iPhone convo screenshot that looks legit AF game.. well the FREE one anyway. Lmaoo
Basically, I’d read through most of the thread thinking it was recent till the lack of AI mentions led me to check the date💀🥴😮‍💨🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
Honestly as far as I know thats the only thing available for it now that wasn’t then.. and everything listed from then is still the main options today, and there’s not a single free AI option or better free app option to date - to my knowledge anyway!

If I’m wrong, I’ll gladly accept the correction☺️🥹

Also, sorry if this rubbed ya the wrong way..I’m new here-thanks to Google!🤪😅 Anywho, I’m off to take my afternoon dose of meds I JUST realized I needed an hour ago (which explains this reply I suppose 🤔💀😮‍💨🥴🤷🏻‍♀️) but then I promise I’m coming back to get better acclimated, and I’ll do better 🥹🤪🤞🏼🫶🏼

I feel like we're being punk'd.You respond to a FIVE year old thread, in an iPhone forum…

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.