Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week began selling Ember's temperature-controlled Travel Mug 2+ with recently added support for the Find My app on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The mug launched earlier this year and is priced at $199.95 on Apple's online store in the United States.

Ember-Mug-16x9.jpeg

The addition of Find My support enables users to track the location of the mug in the Find My app, and a new built-in speaker can emit a chime if the mug is misplaced. Otherwise, the Mug 2+ offers the same functionality as the Travel Mug 2.

Ember's temperature-controlled mugs are designed to keep your coffee or other hot beverage at your desired drinking temperature for up to three hours, or all day if the mug is kept on the included charging coaster. The Travel Mug 2+ can be connected to an iPhone via Bluetooth and controlled with the Ember app, and it has built-in touch controls.

Article Link: Apple Begins Selling Ember's Temperature-Controlled Travel Mug Compatible With Find My

Last edited:

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
I'm sorry, I had these products for free. Expensive for what it is, much rather have a normal thermo mug. It's so much inconvenience you need to keep charging it.

If the car cupholder has a built-in Qi charging and the mug supports Qi charging at the bottom feature. Then I'll recommend.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007

Apple this week began selling Ember's temperature-controlled Travel Mug 2+ with recently added support for the Find My app on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The mug launched earlier this year and is priced at $199.95 on Apple's online store in the United States.

Ember-Travel-Mug-2.jpeg

The addition of Find My support enables users to track the location of the mug in the Find My app, and a new built-in speaker can emit a chime if the mug is misplaced. Otherwise, the Mug 2+ offers the same functionality as the Travel Mug 2.

Ember's temperature-controlled mugs are designed to keep your coffee or other hot beverage at your desired drinking temperature for up to three hours, or all day if the mug is kept on the included charging coaster. The Travel Mug 2+ can be connected to an iPhone via Bluetooth and controlled with the Ember app, and it has built-in touch controls.

Article Link: Apple Begins Selling Ember's Temperature-Controlled Travel Mug Compatible With Find My
$200? I prefer monthly subscriptions for my travel mugs.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
For that price, you can get the best Thermos money can buy that will keep your drink hot all day and still have like 150 bucks left over. This is the dumbest product I’ve ever seen. A solution looking for a problem.
Sure, but after you lose your 4th thermos, you're losing money every time.

[Do I need to mark this as sarcasm? I feel like I probably need to mark this as sarcasm...]

Reactions: bousozoku
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.