Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I am using Iphone 14 pro with version 17.4.1, whenever i am on call i see this info icon at the top right side of the screen. Any way to disable it?

While on call due to skin contact a new window opens and drops all the time.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
I am using Iphone 14 pro with version 17.4.1, whenever i am on call i see this info icon at the top right side of the screen. Any way to disable it?

While on call due to skin contact a new window opens and drops all the time.

Can you post a screenshot? I don't understand what icon you're referring to (apologies).

Reactions: FreakinEurekan

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
While you are on a call with some one, if you look at the screen you will see an icon (i) - which is basically info.
this icon triggers while in touch with your skin if you placed your phone near the ear

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
While you are on a call with some one, if you look at the screen you will see an icon (i) - which is basically info.
this icon triggers while in touch with your skin if you placed your phone near the ear
That icon is not your problem. Your problem is that the proximity sensor, which should be completely locking the screen when the phone is to your ear, isn't functioning properly.

- Update to iOS 17.5.1
- Restart the phone
- Remove any case or screen cover

If those steps don't resolve it, chat or call Apple for a remote diagnostic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.