Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
I bought while on holiday in The US, but Im a Brit. Will be handy to have a UK App Store - and hopefully some UK specific apps. Sky TV would be awesome (please)

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I cracked and picked one up in the US last week, so I'll only be ordering some Zeiss inserts on the 28th. Assuming that's a thing I can do on day one....

Reactions: fatTribble

SpitUK

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
East Yorkshire, UK
I wasn’t but I think I am now. Really interested in the productivity side of things as I spend a lot of time in office apps. I always get up early and like to watch YouTube while having a coffee so I could do that in the Vision Pro. Think I’m going to sell my gaming PC (no time for much gaming) and Quest 3, go back to a Mac Mini and get the Vision Pro.

Reactions: fatTribble

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
I cracked and picked one up in the US last week, so I'll only be ordering some Zeiss inserts on the 28th. Assuming that's a thing I can do on day one....
Other countries have been able to set up the Zeiss order (but not actually submit it, yet). Have you tried from the UK? You should also use Zeiss's website to verify that they can produce lenses for you given your prescription.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Other countries have been able to set up the Zeiss order (but not actually submit it, yet). Have you tried from the UK? You should also use Zeiss's website to verify that they can produce lenses for you given your prescription.
I didn't realise that, thanks, will check that out now.

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
Well 5 so far based off the poll

So are in you in this thread to just trash the device?
mate it was a joke.... I am super supportive of the AVP, but the numbers sort of tell the truth unfortunately. up to 9 now out of 60m people.

fatTribble

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
i wonder if people are scheduling demos before they pre-order? It is a big purchase for most of us.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
mate it was a joke.... I am super supportive of the AVP, but the numbers sort of tell the truth unfortunately. up to 9 now out of 60m people.

I get it though it’s at this point a very niche product I don’t expect people to spend 3k on one product in high numbers. I still think it’s amazing tech and will be the future one day just in a different form

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I've tried one when travelling to NYC and it is very cool tech. I travel a lot for work and spend a lot of time in hotels, so it would be amazing to watch TV/films on. Having said that, I don't think I'll be preordering as it's a pretty significant amount of money - I may, however, pick one up on the second-hand market in 6-18 months. I think I'd bite at ~£2k, but as it stands the content and use cases just aren't there to be worth £3.5k (plus lenses and travel case) for me personally. I hope everyone who does preorder has fun, though!

therealriley

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
Shame they never launched Apple Card in the US with the cash back and interest free payments on Apple purchases, that might have pushed me over the edge to order one!

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
I cant believe there is no hype surrounding this in the UK!
We can create the hype!! What storage are people thinking of going for? I figure given the overall cost difference of the 256gb and the 1tb that I might as well go with the larger capacity. I imagine that 8K immersive content will be pretty large!

Ewan Hoozarmy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Cambridge, UK
We can create the hype!! What storage are people thinking of going for? I figure given the overall cost difference of the 256gb and the 1tb that I might as well go with the larger capacity. I imagine that 8K immersive content will be pretty large!

I’ll prob just go for 256 because I expect I’ll be streaming the 8K immersive content… I’ve only used 60 GB of my 256 GB iPad…..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.