Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPhone 15 Plus Overheating

I bought my iPhone, in the start of this year and I always charge it until 80%. The battery doesn’t fall under 20%. The last month when I charge it, it overheats and I don’t know the reason. What can I do? Is a manufacturer problem and if yes has apple to replace my iPhone with a brand new?

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 7:05 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2024 7:11 AM in response to dimitris56

dimitris56 wrote:

I bought my iPhone, in the start of this year and I always charge it until 80%. The battery doesn’t fall under 20%. The last month when I charge it, it overheats and I don’t know the reason. What can I do? Is a manufacturer problem and if yes has apple to replace my iPhone with a brand new?

ref:

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold

put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jul 7, 2024 7:13 AM in response to dimitris56

If you are seeing a message the phone will continue charging after it cools down, your phone ISN'T overheating. This is a new feature on iPhone and we pretty much all see this message. When you charge an iPhone it generates heat and for the health and longevity of the battery in your phone, this new feature is simply letting you know its doing what it was designed to do.

Note: Most people never see this message on their iPhone as most people plug their phone in to charge when they go to bed and are sleeping and not monitoring the charge cycle at all.

iPhone 15 Plus Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.