Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iphone xs max touch screen stop working, can’t unlock, charges fine but won’t connect if plugged into laptop or car.

My iPhone touch start playing up a few weeks prior to it completely not working. Then out of not where it wouldn’t work. Tried plugging into my car like I normally work it wouldn’t register. It died, but when I go home plugged into the wall plug and it charged fine. Touch screen still not working, trying plugging into my laptop wouldn’t register. Siri was disabled for some reason as well as my Bluetooth. Thought the screen was stuck in one place so gently twisted and bent my phone hoping wherever the screen was suck it come good. After awhile it did, was texting, then the screen got stuck scrolling up and silly me locked the phone hoping when I unlocked it then it would be ok but it has been completely unresponsive since. Phone still works my alarm still goes off every morning, unable to turn off I can only snooze it with the side button. I have gotten a new phone but now an worry to use it cause I don’t know how to transfer everything from my old phone to my new. And my old phone has my life on it, phone numbers, notes, passwords, I can’t not use

anything without this. No banking, can’t remember any passwords to get into anything, my world is in the phone. I tried to do the rest thing where you press the volume button then hold the other button until the apple log displays but the didn’t help. Cause my laptop wont register I can’t plug into iTunes. I really need to be able to transfer onto my new phone asap cause I need a phone it’s been three days I’ve had my new phone sitting there not switched on yet cause I need this resolved. Pllllllease HELP ME!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 6:56 AM

2 replies

iphone xs max touch screen stop working, can’t unlock, charges fine but won’t connect if plugged into laptop or car.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.