Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Odd battery behaviour

I bought a refurbished iPhone 12 last week which apparently had a brand new battery fitted.

Particularly over the past few days I've noticed some very odd behaviour in the displayed battery life.

Below are two screenshots. In the first, I left the device charging overnight. When I viewed how the battery had charged in the morning, it had spent most of the night not charging, before suddenly shooting up to 85% over about half an hour and then not charging any further.

In the second screenshot, I used the device quite a bit over several hours last night during which time the displayed battery percentage did not drop until it reset suddenly itself to 32% overnight. I have then had it on charge again this morning, during which time the displayed percentage has dropped to 30%.

Any ideas what is going on?

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 6:17 AM

2 replies

Odd battery behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.