Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Watch pain in arm and wrist

I purchased an Apple watch Series 9 four month's ago from the Apple Store and wore it every day. Now I have developed left arm & wrist severe pain so have had to wear it on my right wrist which feels wrong.

I am not in the UK right now so have been unable to visit my doctor. The pain has lasted now for three weeks. I intend to visit my doctor on my return to the UK in one week. I have been doing some research and have become aware that many people appear to be suffering the same problem yet this is not highlighted as a possible consequence of wearing the Apple Watch.

I am concerned that I have now a problem and is it only a matter of time before I start have problems with my right wrist?

The pain in my left wrist is extremely painful and restricts the function of my left arm severely.

What can be done to help me? Am I now the owner of an expensive iwatch which I can no longer wear? Can I return it to Apple for a refund?

Apple Watch Series 9, 10

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 7:16 AM

Consult your primary care physician. If you think it’s neuropathy you need to seek professional advice and treatment. You might also have a repetitive motion disorder similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I had a wife that had carpal tunnel and she couldn’t wear a watch. The frequent twisting of her wrist to view the time (this was years ago before smart watches) aggravated her condition.

Please let the community know what your doctor says and I hope you have a great weekend!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2024 7:16 AM in response to applegirl888888

Consult your primary care physician. If you think it’s neuropathy you need to seek professional advice and treatment. You might also have a repetitive motion disorder similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I had a wife that had carpal tunnel and she couldn’t wear a watch. The frequent twisting of her wrist to view the time (this was years ago before smart watches) aggravated her condition.

Please let the community know what your doctor says and I hope you have a great weekend!

Apple Watch pain in arm and wrist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.