Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I got my iPad mini 6th Generation wet and now the display is cloudy

I got my mini 6 wet and now the display is there but cloudy and or foggy. can it be fixed

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini (6th generation)

Posted on Jul 6, 2024 3:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2024 4:47 AM in response to SgtKenn

As described, if your iPad is still working as expected, all should be okay.

Water and electronics generally do not make happy bedfellows. Your iPad is not designed to be water resistant. While it will survive being splashed with water if immediately dried, it will almost certainly suffer irreparable damage if it is allowed to get wet, or is submerged for any length of time.

You would be best advised to take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad. If repair isn’t possible, the iPad can be responsibly recycled - and you’ll be in the best possible place to explore possible replacement:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

I got my iPad mini 6th Generation wet and now the display is cloudy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.