Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Problems with iPad 13” M4 Touchscreen

After waiting several weeks, I finally got the new 13” iPad Pro with a nano screen. I traded it in yesterday for one with a regular screen, but the same thing is happening with this device. Honestly my 2nd generation iPad Pro worked much better than this $2K disappointment. Here’s the issue: The touchscreen is lousy! With both versions. It keeps skipping letters or the space bar as I type so I have to go back over and over again to fix them. And the delete button stops after each word and has to be pressed again. It’s also a big problem with my games. I touch items to move them and they snap back, get dropped or don’t move at all. It really ruins gameplay. (And yes I tried adjusting things in Settings with no improvement and changed out my screen protector twice to no avail). BTW I’m using my fingers and not an electronic pen/stylus. Anyone else having these problems?

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 9:24 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2024 7:32 AM in response to mevlanfromwestmoreland

As I type, I never know what I’m going to see on the screen or what Action is going to happen. Wrong letters, skipped letters, delete key sticks on and you watch helplessly as everything you have written so far vanishes. The list of problems I’m having just from my keyboard alone is driving me crazy and add the APPLE apps that quit, apps window is not correct and the list goes on.

This is a >$2,500 iPad that I have been waiting to get for three years while I stared at a 12.9 inch screen that looks more like a spider web. It works flawlessly and if it wasn’t for the seriously dimmed screen, I would just return this pathetic machine and go spend $2500 on something that actually works.

? So is it this particular iPad?

Is it just the screen?

Is it the software in general?

Is it simply the last update?

I live 200 miles over a mountain range from my nearest Apple Store so having them take a look at my machine is problematic and if they did decide to replace my iPad when I was at the store chances are they wouldn’t have exactly what I want and I would have to wait once again for how many weeks do you have it delivered to my home?

None of this is making me happy nor answering any of my questions so anyone out there have any unusual thoughts on this please send them on because the normal fixes aren’t fixing anything!

FYI…

the nano screen works great, but there does appear to be a significant loss in brightness at least to me. Get it only if you are going to use the iPad, mostly outdoors or extremely bright situations. Otherwise it is definitely not worth the money. Get it at your own peril.

[Edited by Moderator]

Problems with iPad 13” M4 Touchscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.