Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I'm trying to use Quick Start to transfer data to my new ipad and it's not working.

Quick Start isn't working. The first try failed, I tried to start again, and my new Ipad is stuck on the Quick Start screen -- it's looking for the "nearby devices" and not finding anything despite my old ipad being right there, and wifi and bluetooth on.

Posted on Jan 14, 2024 8:57 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2024 4:59 AM in response to K3712

QuickStart does work - and very effectively. In situations that this feature doesn't work as expected, there is always a reason - such as...

• One or other device has not been updated to iOS 12.4 or later
  • One or other device has a fault
  • One or other device has WiFi and/or Bluetooth disabled - or cannot connect to WiFi

For situations where QuickStart is not available, you can restore either a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup of the source device to the target device.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

I'm trying to use Quick Start to transfer data to my new ipad and it's not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.