Scheduled Maintenance on July 16th

The Apple Support Community ‘Search’ functionality will temporarily be unavailable July 16th, 1:00am – 3:00am PDT. Thank you for your patience as we work behind the scenes to improve the community.

Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How can I get a cursor arrow on iPad Air 2022 instead of grey circle?

It just happened and I can’t get arrow cursor back

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2024 10:47 AM

I agree. It’s ridiculous. Apple needs to include this change to allow arrow in next update.

5 replies

Apr 9, 2024 1:28 PM in response to LotusPilot

Apple changed a perfect functioning arrow for trackpad/mouse into a useless and unstable dot. The performance and experience are way worse. Who thinks about these things?

And on top, we need to provide “feedback”? I paid for an Ipad with a perfectly working arrow cursor, I do not work for Apple, so I do not need to spend time providing feedback or suggestions. Please give me what I paid for and what was delivered. Do not change my product into something else (and much worse)

Sep 25, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Wend0602

While the size and colour of the Pencil Cursor can be altered from iPad settings, iPadOS does not support changing the cursor style.

Apple does invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see additional flexibility in choosing a pointer style of your choice in a future version of iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Apr 9, 2024 3:14 PM in response to LauraMoral

LauraMoral wrote:

And on top, we need to provide “feedback”? I paid for an Ipad with a perfectly working arrow cursor, I do not work for Apple, so I do not need to spend time providing feedback or suggestions. Please give me what I paid for and what was delivered. Do not change my product into something else (and much worse)

This is a user-to-user technical community. Contributors here are all end-users, just like you. Other than the site Moderators, Apple neither monitors nor participates within this Community. As such, your comments here will not be seen by your intended audience.

Apple invites submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to (a) see changes in a future version of iPad and (b) your comments be seen by someone who may be able to do something about it, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to communicate your wishes to Apple.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

How can I get a cursor arrow on iPad Air 2022 instead of grey circle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.