Throw us a bone or let us go

darin

27 Sep, 2022 11:35 AM

Dear Primate Labs,

Please either give us some realistic update on the fate of VoodooPad or admit that you intend to let it die through neglect and disinterest.

The staff shortages, development challenges, unforeseen problems are like every ad hoc excuse: valid in the moment (perhaps) but ultimately a clear statement that you don't care.

What other apps have people started using now that VoodooPad seems to be the walking dead?

Frustratedly,,
Darin

1. 1 Posted by Matt on 28 Sep, 2022 01:41 AM

Dear Primate Labs:

I think staff shortages, development challenges, and unforeseen problems are legitimate, and I don't see them in the same way as the poster above or draw the same conclusion. by any means and am not included in "us." My perspective is that I'm glad VoodooPad works now, and I think I've gotten a good value from it and continue to do so regardless of the frequency of updates. I'll be happy to see a v6 when and if it comes, but it's a good program as-is, also.

Matt

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by John on 29 Sep, 2022 05:36 AM

Hi Darin,

I understand your frustration! It's discouraging when you start to worry a favourite application is being neglected. I know it's discouraging for me that we haven't been able to give VoodooPad the attention it deserves. I had hoped we'd be able to release VoodooPad 6 is 2020 but with the pandemic throwing both the VoodooPad 6 and the Geekbench 6 schedules in disarray it's been an incredibly challenging two years.

That said, I'm pleased with how VoodooPad 6 is coming together. I use Preview 3 daily and I think it's a huge improvement over VoodooPad 5.

If you're looking to move on to another application I'd recommend Obsidian. It's the closest alternative I've found to VoodooPad (but I still prefer VoodooPad of course).

Best,
    John

3. 3 Posted by Pablo Culebras on 08 Oct, 2022 06:55 AM

Hi guys. I agree with Matt. Please, don't give up, I use VoodooPad consistenly from years now, and though I have been worried about the possibility it was discontinued, I still have my hopes on it.

Thank you John & Primate Labs team for your efforts. The fact remains that I don't know any true alternative for VP as I use it, and anyway, it's already a huge amount of data I have put on it.

Pablo

4. 4 Posted by Andrew on 21 Oct, 2022 04:00 PM

I would be very willing to pay an upgrade fee IN ADVANCE if it would accelerate development.

Please!! Take my money!!

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac